bullet cache(?) and spanish silver!

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My son and I had a choice to make the other night as to where we hunted. We decided to hit an old farmhouse that's up for sale next to a field in which the army of the Potomac camped. After about forty five minutes and only one shot bullet between us I felt that perhaps we had chosen the wrong field to hunt. I then dug what I first thought was a knockout from an electrical box but my sons thirteen year old eyes picked up a faint profile and the words "Carolus III" along the edge. We could barely make out the "17--" along the edge, but there was no doubt as to what it was. This is only my second spanish coin of that age and it still is exciting!
We then decided to hunt a little longer when I got a nice long linear signal in a tangle of trees. I figured it was an old section of pipe or roofing or whatever, but I was wrong... I dug a little and turned up two three ringer bullets! The signal in the hole however was just as strong so I dug some more. Out popped three more bullets, this went on for about twenty minutes by which time we had lost count. Final tally was the thirty one three ringers shown. Went back today and searched thoroughly but did not find the box plate we suspected might be there. Even without a box plate I'll never forget the excitement we shared in digging these up.

Attachments

• cwpic1115 001.jpg
    cwpic1115 001.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 762
  • cwpic1115 002.jpg
    cwpic1115 002.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 759
  • cwpic1115 003.jpg
    cwpic1115 003.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 798
Upvote 0

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Way to stay persistent... and have it pay off.

I agree with Bookfisher... probably a lot more to be found there.

Way to Go!!!

Sanat

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holey cow..NICE finds, great bullets and excellent coin
go back, go back,go back..hunt it all

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one heck of a site!!

Palmetto Digger

Sep 17, 2007
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx550
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I can't wait until my son is old enough to hunt with me... I have a few more years to wait.

PD

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Wow,

That is a nice day to remember. That is great you were able to share it with your boy. I have 3 sons. It puts a smile on my face when one of my boys is with me and I make a great find. I let them be the first to touch it.

HH Jer

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI,

Nice finds - well done :)

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a whole lotta good stuff congrats on the reale . ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
might be a ammo box spill -- if no box plate found -- thats a lot for one spot -- (look deeper ) --- Ivan

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o Now that's a day that would put a smile on any MDer's face ot to metion the great memories of having you son with you! Happy Hunting and I hope you get back there again and again.......

Desertfox

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just incredible! A reale and a cache of bullets? Oh man, I'd be going over that area real good and often :) Congrats!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great hunt and finds with your son! HH, Mike

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent finds! There has to be much more in that area. Hit it hard and post more pics!
Mike :)

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Man i think you are sick. Maybe you should take the day off from work, and
go hunt that spot again. Might make you feel better.
Joe

IronClad

Aug 29, 2007
N. Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Silver Eagle, White's Eagle I, White's Eagle II SL, 6000/Di Series 3, Silver Sabre II
WOW !... now that makes it alot easier than finding them one at a time. A whole collection in one swipe.....Spectacular !!!!

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
spanish is awesome..... bullets r fun.. I have only found one... but here in SE ohio 1 is a miracle..... congrats.... dig the iffy signals...... go slow ...... good luck!

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
diggervet said:
My son and I had a choice to make the other night as to where we hunted. We decided to hit an old farmhouse that's up for sale next to a field in which the army of the Potomac camped. After about forty five minutes and only one shot bullet between us I felt that perhaps we had chosen the wrong field to hunt. I then dug what I first thought was a knockout from an electrical box but my sons thirteen year old eyes picked up a faint profile and the words "Carolus III" along the edge. We could barely make out the "17--" along the edge, but there was no doubt as to what it was. This is only my second spanish coin of that age and it still is exciting!
We then decided to hunt a little longer when I got a nice long linear signal in a tangle of trees. I figured it was an old section of pipe or roofing or whatever, but I was wrong... I dug a little and turned up two three ringer bullets! The signal in the hole however was just as strong so I dug some more. Out popped three more bullets, this went on for about twenty minutes by which time we had lost count. Final tally was the thirty one three ringers shown. Went back today and searched thoroughly but did not find the box plate we suspected might be there. Even without a box plate I'll never forget the excitement we shared in digging these up.
outstanding prob lots more there when are those bullets and the weapon that fired them thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread