first ring I ever found

Plazz58

Jul 23, 2020
Yonkers NY
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I went out this morning at dawn to do some local parks, I have been learning how to operate my new equinox 600, So I end up at a park filled with a lot of signals mostly trash. After about an hour and digging only 1 clad quarter I decided to call it quits as this was my second park of the morning, the first I spent and hour and half and got nothing except a wheatie and a little piece of something I don't know what it is.
well I was heading back to my car swinging half heartedly when I got a solid 32 mixed in with a lot of junk. I dug it about 4" down and WOW I see my first silver ring, boy am I a happy camper. After finding the ring I spent another hour in the general area and came up with some clad.

The other day I was out in some local parks 1 being Van Courtland in the Bronx and came up with what might be part of a buckle a d a old pocket watch, I will post these pictures also. find12.jpg find9.jpg find5.jpg find6.jpg find8.jpg find10.jpg find7.jpg find13.jpg

Upvote 29

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Plazz I see you’ve been on here a little while and I now pronounce you Addicted. There’s no known sure you’ll dig up 100 square nails and and a delusion if you find a buffalo nickel you feel like you won lol congratulations on a successful hunt and I wish many good things to come your way.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice silver band. They'll come easier now so get ready for some more....TREASURE! lol Grats and thanks for postin'

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Anthony!!! :headbang::hello2::occasion14:

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Go into the “old” parts of the park where no one goes, that’s where the real treasure is!!!! Congrats !!!!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congtats on the nice ring! :icon_thumleft:

Crusty Clad

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2020
Corpus Christi
Detector(s) used
NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great find. Are you using the latest update with the 4 hrtz? That single frequency does pretty well on sniffing out the deep silvers.
Congrats again on the ring...very nice.

OP
OP
Plazz58

Plazz58

Jul 23, 2020
Yonkers NY
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
am not sure about updates new to this 600 as it is new to me just learning...I am using it on multi frequency as I was told that is the best...but sure is fun,,my swing arm is killing me

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One down... how many more to go ? ? ?

Only time in the dirt will tell. :)

terrafirma

Sep 9, 2020
new england
Detector(s) used
SE PRO, Safari, Excalibur II, Garrett gold scorpion, Whites PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! great stuff!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats for finding your first ring. I have the 600 as well- watch videos, learn the settings and try different ones and you'll continue finding goodies like that- GL going forward!

Crusty Clad

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2020
Corpus Christi
Detector(s) used
NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
am not sure about updates new to this 600 as it is new to me just learning...I am using it on multi frequency as I was told that is the best...but sure is fun,,my swing arm is killing me

You can use the frequency button to change the frequency on the park and field modes. If you have the latest update, 4htrz, khrtz ( whatever, lol) is one of the options. Something to play with when your hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread