clad and new friends

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Went out after fixing MD today, and was in the park when a family in a mini van pulled up and asked where the closest gas station was. After telling them it was 9 miles he looked at gas gauge and said the light was already on. He looked worried so I said I live right down the street and I just bought 1 gallon of gas for my mower and he could have that. So I gave him the gas and he tried to pay me for it but I refused and told him to get his kids some ice cream with the money. They thanked me and all waved goodbye.
2 hrs later I went back to the park where I left off and some guy pulled up and gave me a brand new bounty hunter ll to use.
He said he saw what i did and wanted me to use the bhll and then teach him next week, Said he figured he could trust me w/ it.
Now hows that for karma?

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great story, I love to here about acts of human kindness. Can you teach me how to train my dog to dig for gold?

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 220
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 204
OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
So I took new MD back to park, and it's very finicky. But I found this 1949 lic. plate and some gold when I got home.
Sure it's just gold flakes in schnapps but it made me feel better LOL. Raises glass and toasts

Attachments

• 1 040.jpg
    1 040.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 1 042.jpg
    1 042.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 168

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Great story Dano.? I had a similar Karmic experience this weekend.? I did some work for a couple in their 80's Saturday.? Cut and hauled a cottonwood branch the size of a tree out of their pasture, as it was in their irrigation ditch and they couldn't run water.? Took about 5 hours.? They tried to pay me but truth be known I had my eye on detecting his property (107 acres of river front).? I was too tired to get out the detector yesterday but they agreed to let me hunt anytime...Wahoooo!!!? Before I left the wife told me they had a church social there about 10 years before and they had hidden coins in a pile of sawdust down by the river for kids to find.? Well, I wasn't that tired.? In about 20 minutes I pulled around five dollars in dimes, nickels, quarters and my first two 50 cent pieces.? I gave it all to the dear old lady and she was really happy like I gave her a thousand dollars!? So having made some very good friends I drove away thinking "wow, I just gave away my first 2 Kennedy Half's...I hope I get some good Karma for that one!"? So today I went to the high school for a quick hunt and the first signal I got was a Susan B Anthony dollar.? First one of those for me too.? What goes around my friend...What goes around!!!? HH~CO2 ;D

OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Dont you know it I was just on phone w/ my pro th buddy and got on chat at same time w/ orygun he told me about some old treasure mags on ebay I told my buddy on phone about it ..He has worlds largest collection of treasur books and mag's said he wanted some, then I out bid orygun and got them...Hope he's not mad at me .
Anyway they are his if he wants them just have to ck w/ my pards to see what they want if anything just couldnt let them be had by someone else.. so orygun gets them for free if they already have them..

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh dano karma cops are looking out for you thats for sure!orygun will enjoy that favor hes s good guy
so book em down dano,at least the back issues of th mags,lol

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
It sure is nice to read the stories about the gas and the cottonwood. I really enjoy helping out the older generation... Nothing like making good friends! You guys did great...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread