ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Everyone for your input.
Thanks, sorry to turn this into a chat room. They are good finds, in fact Cru'dad does GPS these, as most silver objects from the 18th C are worthy.

jacobgosling

Jun 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for turning this into a "chat room." I'm not here to cause trouble or irritate people. In future, I will stay clear of all of you. Best wishes.

Last edited:

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. My comment was in reference to the continual high-handed comments by the counter-party. It tends to get on my nerves.

I've always liked Brits. They are the only people on earth who get my sense of humour. Or is it "cheek?"

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need to use the forum supplied thumbs-up emojis on the toolbar and not the thumbs-up emojis on your Motorola flip phone :laughing7: (I surmised the model of your phone in jest based on the "quality" of your pics :tongue3: :laughing7: 8-))

Why are my thumbs up imoji showing up as ????

OP
OP
HCW

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
You need to use the forum supplied thumbs-up emojis on the toolbar and not the thumbs-up emojis on your Motorola flip phone :laughing7: (I surmised the model of your phone in jest based on the "quality" of your pics :tongue3: :laughing7: 8-))

:) . Or I don't know how to hold the phone steady.

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply providing some input: I've dug Tudor Rose leather mounts from 17th century sites in New England, so yes - I think the Tudor Rose feature is more likely a simple decorative feature common of both the 17th & 18th centuries. Regardless of what it may actually represent, the recovery of a colonial-period silver cufflink/sleeve button is a great recovery by any account. Congrats. :icon_thumleft:

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on finding silver sleeve buttons (cuff links). I like the Tudor Rose design. I hope you can get more information about civilian vs. militaria. I've dug many sleeve buttons here in N.J.. Some are silver with the same design. Just like the Urn sleeve buttons they appear to be something that was the fashion at the time not always related to George Washington. Crusader seems to really know what he talking about when it comes to buttons. If you do find out more please let us know. Maybe you can find the matching set?:hello:

HessianHunter

Jul 24, 2016
Massachusettss
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Pepperj. I have many of these (purchased not detected). They are British Royal Navy Captain dress cufflinks. Sometimes pewter, sometimes Silver! You dug these out of the ground? You lucky Bostonian! Congrats! Now when do you find those British 5th Regiment of Foot buttons?...lol

View attachment 1870719

Regards,

JG

That design was extremely common in the 18th century and is not Royal Navy sadly. I found a solid silver sleeve button as well with the same design. The design of the flower can be found on many pieces of 18th century silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread