Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I continued to work the state park and went to the second swimming area and covered it with the ATPro. Gridding and digging all mid and high tones. In 6.5 hours I found 16 coins with a face value of $1.80, a stainless bolt and washer, a copper ring, earrings and earring backs, a few beads, fishing swivel snaps, sinkers, tabs, some silver jewelry and a piece of fine chain.

C615AC23-919D-4751-B0E3-5C2F5091AA11.jpeg

The broken ring, 3 cz stud earrings, the lobster claw clasp and the earring back are all silver. 6 items in all. I checked out the chain and unfortunately it is brass and not silver. No gold this time, but silvers and coins are good.

5D59A68C-FB70-469E-B7BC-AAA590153834.jpeg

On the way home I had to stop at the store. In the parking lot I looked down and saw this crushed piece of metal that looked like it might be good. So I picked it up and took it home. As you can see it is marked 925 and is a smashed earring back (a little scrap silver for the pile).

D852B214-DD66-4792-BA0C-36D5276E2B52.jpeg

Yesterday I went back to the state park and did the last swimming area. Cool temps with drizzle and wind made for a miserable day to water detect, but it won’t get much better for awhile so I shivered through it. It took 5.5 hours to finish gridding the swimming area and a short walk around the beach with the ATPro. The targets were few and far between, but I did manage to score a little more silver. Altogether I found 22 coins with a face value of $2.33, fishing sinkers, earring backs, half of a dolphin heart pendant (a magnet holds the halves together), part of a brass ring, a BFF dangle, a Mickey Mouse cz dangle (looks like unmarked plated silver), brass beads, a hat pin back, a religious dangle, 2 cheapy earrings, a set of keys for a kids jewelry box, one lonely pop tab, 3 silver earrings, a silver earring back and of course a little aluminum foil from wrappers and such.

90052BBA-60FA-443C-BCC3-37759E2E4471.jpeg AE0A8949-DAEE-4C6B-9EE2-1C07CB95C14D.jpeg

Over the weekend we went to visit our daughter and her family who were camping in another state park. I worked the water in this park a few weeks ago and found 19 silvers and a gold. I was hoping to add to the total along the edge of the water where I have found gold and silver before. I spent 2 hours with the ATPro swingin on the beach with my granddaughter helping scoop and sift. Not a great hunt, no gold or silver, but we did find a few coins (5 with a face value of $0.27), some junk jewelry, sinkers, pellet gun pellets and 2 toy cars. No goodies but my granddaughter had fun so that makes it worth while.

0CA90C2D-0207-4B85-B485-1C6B7B910F40.jpeg

I ought to change my name to earring back king LOL. I just check my finds for my year beginning in May and I have found 15 silver earring backs and 65 non silver earring backs so 80 earring backs in 5 and a half months.

So the state park water is done for now. More small silvers to add to the pile, an assortment of interesting finds, safe social distancing exercise and time with one of my granddaughters. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 13

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome I tried water hunting had a bad experiance and stopped sunk in mud ehhh gotta try it again.. Glad to see you doing so well thats a nice haul.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I vote you one of the most productive detectors on this forum. The total number of artifacts/coins you bring home is incredible. My hat is off to you. Gary

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome I tried water hunting had a bad experiance and stopped sunk in mud ehhh gotta try it again.. Glad to see you doing so well thats a nice haul.

Thanks Tommy. I try and stay out of the muddy spots. I did some in a muddy area once and it was no fun. I actually lost my boot more than once the suction was so bad..

Nice haul! :occasion14:

Thanks Wildcat.

I think you should be proud of yourself you have a good run and there’s always next year. Congratulations on your fortunes

It has been a good year so far, thanks.

I vote you one of the most productive detectors on this forum. The total number of artifacts/coins you bring home is incredible. My hat is off to you. Gary

Thanks Gary. I am kind of a workaholic so I get out a lot and dig stuff other people might pass up. So far it has worked out pretty well for me.

Everybody stay safe and keep swingin.:wave:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice bunch of hunts, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread