Pounding Parks, PLAZZ58 Heats Up with Gold, Two Rings!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a great hunt with Plazz58 - Anthony, today as we hit several City parks in Yonkers, New York. The first park was a complete bust, although Anthony did score a Wheatie. I got a '59 nickel, but the place was so trash-filled we needed a rake. From there we headed to a really old part of Yonkers, and had to climb uphill through a wooded homeless camp, to get to the isolated field at the top of the hill.

Once there, Anthony scored an English "Pence" coin from 1971, and some clad. I got some clad and a Wheatie. I also dug a piece of red delft pottery that made me think silver was near. Maybe next time. From there we headed to a park that Anthony has hunted before, and it was HOT! As you'll see in the video, Anthony scored 2 rings, and a gold earring! He also got a Boy Scout neckerchief slide, and plenty of clad.

I had a quarter and dime fest, ending up with just under $5 in clad, the Wheatie and the little Sun pendent. A great day with Plazz58, who is as passionate about metal detecting as I am :hello2::headbang::skullflag:

Upvote 24

Plazz58

Jul 23, 2020
Yonkers NY
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day Terry. Thanks for all the fun.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So did he find the first ring? Did he toss it or did you guys end up finding it?

Plazz58

Jul 23, 2020
Yonkers NY
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I found the ring again. Lol I did toss it in the trash can. There were a bunch of bees in the can it was a 55 gallon drum and I had to lean over and basically put my whole torso into this can with bees. I am extremely allergic to bee stings but I had to get that junk jewelry out Lol
So I learned it to not try and throw away the trash before I sort it all out Lol

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad Y'all had a fun time out & IMO any finds make a hunt worthwhile .

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done in the 'wilds' of Yonkers!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, great video and you guys nailed it! Anthony, Congrats on the rings and the Gold earring!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got the ring. Bonkers in Yonkers great post nothing like hunting with a Friend..

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work Terry, some time back I hunted in Putman vally a few times on public and private I dont rember the parks found some keepers. The one park is open to hunt turkey I dug an old Crotal bell from. I gave it to my friend he put it on his pet goat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread