Theres no place like home

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
I went out with a buddy today checking on possible MD sites. One was a old foundation in the woods..30 minute drive,couldnt remember where it was. Then we decided to go to a old tran depot 20 minutes away, got there it is a historical landmark now...no luck there, then drove 40 minutes back to town, went to another area where there is a sunken in house from 1800's. Need to get permissiion now. Then we went to a sports park found a couople quarters and pennies. Anyways, we spent the whole day on wild goose chases. When I got back home I spent an hour or so in my ever wheatie producing yard and dug up 2 more wheats some reg pennies and a 43 nickle. Ill post some more pics this next weekend before my surgery.Now thats why I say theres no place like home! Moral of story for any fellow newbies....do more reasearch before you go on long drives to go MD ing LOL :D (Hey Copperpot, let me know if you can find anything about the "old muscle car house" and did you get any cash on the road show for that can of beans?) LOL :D

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in an old school house. So far I only dug trash, but also only dug 5 holes or so. I know this yard holds treasures somewhere, a lot of remodeling on the house has been done, so lots of trash as well. The best parts of the yard has 12 inches or more of dirt pushed on top of the old dirt :'( . I lost an old silver snake ring as a kid somewhere in the yard, I hope i find it. Well best of luck, you should find silver in your yard if your finding wheat's right?

Happy Hunting!!

Attachments

• coincache.jpg
    coincache.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 253
  • coincache.jpg
    coincache.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 199
F

Floater

Ugghhhhh, Faithful reader here. LOL Mystro Sounds like you got the detector working again. Those battery holders are a sneaky lot eh.LOL definetly research. HH

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Wheats are a good indication of possible silver. Wheats are all prior to 1964 when they stopped making the silver coins. Stands to reason there may be something there to be had in the way of silver.

Dudes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread