Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The knife is still sharp. I rubbed a little oil on the handle and now it looks new!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice clam and a couple of tools to shuck it with! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Craftsman box cutter gave up without a fight. All I need to do is get a couple new blades for it. Oil is special stuff!

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love my Buck folding blade Made in the 70s! Nice finds Smokey!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question is, were they left deliberately? On that beach once I found a large table knife right in the area the vehicles normally drive on the beach. It was blade up in the sand. As a matter of curiosity, the Buck knife was blade up, the pointy end came up first in the digger. It was right in the middle of where anyone would have to walk, within a few feet, to get to the beach. One of the locals said a certain type of people visit the beach and have been seen people burying knives blade tip up. The box cutter was also (almost) blade up. I guess my public service for this week is complete. You don't want to know what happened tonight.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful buck knife and nice skate egg. Nothing quite like beachcombing!
dts

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Question is, were they left deliberately? On that beach once I found a large table knife right in the area the vehicles normally drive on the beach. It was blade up in the sand. As a matter of curiosity, the Buck knife was blade up, the pointy end came up first in the digger. It was right in the middle of where anyone would have to walk, within a few feet, to get to the beach. One of the locals said a certain type of people visit the beach and have been seen people burying knives blade tip up. The box cutter was also (almost) blade up. I guess my public service for this week is complete. You don't want to know what happened tonight.

Why would anyone do that?

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odd items to find there. But then again, if the family beach trip morphed into an opportunity to cape a deer or cut some drywall at the beach, someone was prepared.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The problem with this idea is that neither knife is cheap. If someone really wanted to harm people or vehicle tires, it would be far cheaper and more effective to cut some rebar pieces at an angle and then drive them into the sand, point up just under the surface. I don't even want to think about such evil...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread