A little research goes a long way.....

Huizer

Jan 27, 2005
Hi all,

Well, I finally got my XLT.... now to learn how to use the thing. Went to all the places I had used my old detector..found a few coins nothing really great. I needed a new spot. I needed an older spot. I went online for a bit and searched for parks in my area. Found an old park right in my own town. A little history search told me it was from around 1900-1915. I dont know for sure how old it is, but thats about as far back as I could find. I didn't even know it was there. So I drive up and see a nice spot on the right. A little out of the way (I didnt want to bother anyone) and all I find was new coins. yay. I am walking back to my car because its getting dark out, and I check along the road on the left side. Right near an old tree I get a good signal...3 inches. I dug it up and was surprised to have found a dime from 1928. good old silver. I drove home with a stupid smile on my face. Huizer.

Attachments

• 1928.JPG
    1928.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 1928A.JPG
    1928A.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Isn't that worth about 3 cents U.S.? ;D Nice silver BTW. Just a little time to research pays off nicely! HH. Wonder if there's a fishscale in the not too distant future for you? Best of luck and keep swingin'

OP
OP
Huizer

Huizer

Jan 27, 2005
Probably worth at least 3 cents American! Its a good sized park, going to take a while to go over everything. But, where there is one silver coin.....there has got to be more. I am just impressed with how close this park is to my house. 5 minute drive if that. its nice for those evenings when you just want to take off for an hour or so.

Huizer.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out your local historical society.Most of them are manned by retired seniors who have tons a materials and time to assist you in finding them old sites!!Tons a au 2 u 2-John

F

Floater

I Love having that stupid smile on my face sometimes too. I get home and the wife looks at me and thinks I've got other Ideas. LOL
Nice silver. and there does have to be more. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread