AN UNBELIEVABLE COIN SPILL!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While detecting at one of my favorite colonial permissions I had a signal in the 90's on my ATMax. At first I thought that it might be trash and almost ignored it, but decided to dig and see what it was. At 8 inches I found a large cent and closed the hole back up but checked again and still had a high tone so I opened it back up and used the pinpointer and found another one. Then it was one after the other until i closed the hole again. One more check again and I still had another signal in the mid 80's so pop the plug again and had another signal on the pinpointer but deeper and out pops a
Draped Bust half cent. Total for the spill was 1 Braided Hair, 3 Matrons, and the Draped Bust half cent. No date on the Draped Bust but three of the other LCs were 1828, 1834, and 1842. I couldn't get a date on one of the Matrons. It was an exciting 15 minutes. A little before this I dug a Radio Orphan Annie decoder badge and thought that my day was made but then this surprise. Thanks for looking and stay safe out there. After much more work on the Draped Bust, I believe the date is an 1800 using Andres pencils. IMG_20201027_154023119.jpg IMG_20201027_154018772.jpg IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0001.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 72

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding! All those coins....pocket spill or hidden stash? Either way a splendid find.
Sadly, I am too young to have been a member of the Orphan Annie Secret Society. Sounds very mysterious and exclusive!
I am, however, a lifetime member of the Archie Club!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread