Another Heading Back To The Car Story

Royn2751

Jan 14, 2017
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was overcast today but the weather report didn't call for rain till noon. I wanted to revisit a spot that has provided me with 2 large cents, V nickels, miscellaneous 20th century silver and some interesting artifacts.
Last spring, having a surplus of time to detect due to the virus, I crisscrossed this spot on a dozen visits. I figured that I'd hit the high spots and that there wasn't much left. I made a couple of trips where I only dug the obvious as well as highly ambiguous signals.
The visit today started with a Wheatie that rang on my Equinox like a quarter. It was a full 8" down and very crusty. The next 90 minutes produced a little clad, can slaw and bottle caps.
It started to drizzle and I began working my way back to the car. I hit a couple of memorials and said "One more signal, then quit".
I got a strong deep 20's and figured maybe an Indian head, maybe another Large Cent, maybe???.
Pinpointed, popped the plug, nothing in the plug or hole. Dug a little deeper before my carrot beeped. Pulled out a clod and saw the beautiful, thick silver edge of a quarter.
Spraying it off revealed the best Standing Liberty I've found. It's also my first silver coin since July 1st.
This is such a great hobby!
HH View attachment 1879107 View attachment 1879108 20201112_124705.jpg View attachment 1879106

Upvote 46

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SLQs with that level of detail are seldom seen! :occasion14:
Ya never know what's going to be in that last hole...

Last edited:

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A Beautiful Find! Thank you for capturing such detail in your photo--it gives the rest of us something to to fantasize about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread