A Few Parks This Week

Lamy Lineman

Sep 27, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Equinox600, Whites MXT all Pro, Whites XL Pro, Whites Bullseye, Deteknix X-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With Covid really increasing here, I thought going to a couple of parks this week would have no-one at them. I was surprised to see so many outside... Truth is, we are having really warm weather this time of the year. Having gotten my new 600 nox, I just had to get out... So here is what lies around here. Mostly clad, with a little silver, tokens, and a weird 1957 Mexican Penny. The ring, sterling, was in perfect condition till I somehow broke it. The Mex penny has been shoved into what appears to be a copper ring, that has a wierd hole in it. The Indian eagle button was a surprise, though it has a lot of damage. Love those 30 numbers... I did clean up a lot of trash too... Happy Hunting, and be safe out there...
Luego

Attachments

• DSCN3648.jpg
    DSCN3648.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • DSCN3649.jpg
    DSCN3649.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • DSCN3650.jpg
    DSCN3650.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • DSCN3652.jpg
    DSCN3652.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
Upvote 12

KyCreeker

Apr 3, 2013
Olive Hill, KY
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds man. Decent mix for a quick park sweep. Thanks for sharing and happy hunting!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Congratulations!!:headbang:

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice to see the parks that are still producing barber coins - gives me hope!

vp

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those little silver rings were real popular in the 70's and 80's my Mom used to sell a lot of those usually they were from New Mexico silversmiths.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On your Mexican coin someone may have been trying to make a coin ring out of it as quite a bit of the edge is tapped in. That is part of the coin not a copper ring.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!

Yeah, I agree the Mexican penny looks like someone was trying to make a ring.

The silver ring looks like a Native American piece. If it has a mark inside you might be able to figure out who made it.

OP
OP
Lamy Lineman

Lamy Lineman

Sep 27, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Equinox600, Whites MXT all Pro, Whites XL Pro, Whites Bullseye, Deteknix X-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at the Mex coin more closely. I think you guys are right about the ring idea. It is a diez centavos piece that the rim has been worked into a ring shape. Quite an unusual find. The silver ring only has sterling stamped in it. Really appreciate your comments, and THANKS...

TimberCrack

Jul 30, 2013
wyoming
Detector(s) used
white's 6000/D coin master
White's MXT
Garrettt ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What's the story on the Indian service button??" That's a cool find. Congrats..

OP
OP
Lamy Lineman

Lamy Lineman

Sep 27, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what I can tell you is that the park that I found it, is a very old park. Don't know the exact age, but it is located next to a very old Indian school. Most of it has been demolished. It had very talented artisan teachers, and alot of art that was produced there sells for a lot of money in todays market-place. The button itself, I can tell you the back mark says, Mark Cowan Co New York. Having been in business from 1889 till 1916. Hope someone can enlighten more.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve found a couple of those Indian Service buttons, sadly they have both been in bad shape. We have an Indian boarding school here (and reservation), where a hundred and some years ago the Indian children from around the state were taken to be educated in the ways of American society. To my understanding the Indian Service was the governmental agency tasked with managing the Indian population.

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/147835-u-s-indian-service-uniform-button

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the area you referenced, I found several of those Indian service buttons there . As far as I know , The U.S. Indian Service preceded the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Nice on the Barber ! I found a few rosies and mercs in there years ago , but haven't hunted there in a good while .

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting