Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is having a good morning, I know I am! Today I found my second ever W quarter out in the wild. Decided to stop and get a drink from a machine this morning for a buck and a quarter. Didn’t have a quarter laying around so put in two dollars. Got my Fanta and my change and noticed a Lowell quarter facing me so I got in the truck and sure enough, it was a W. Only other one I got when the cashier busted a new quarter roll to get my change. So I think finding one in the machine is way better. Just thought I would share. Happy hunting!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1607090771.672528.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1607090846.422991.jpg

Upvote 9

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot all about those.
Nice find!
I'll have to keep my eyes open from now on.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I don't even think to look for W quarters out here in the west. I live in the sticks of northeastern Oregon in a small community, so probably not a big chanced finding any. But I guess I'll have to start looking now... one might sneak its way back here somehow. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I don't even think to look for W quarters out here in the west. I live in the sticks of northeastern Oregon in a small community, so probably not a big chanced finding any. But I guess I'll have to start looking now... one might sneak its way back here somehow. Thanks for sharing!

I have found two down here in California so they are out here on the west coast.

OP
OP
luke_00

luke_00

Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah they are not common to find. I live in a small community in the mountains of NC and a lot of the new quarters get sent to the bigger cities. Especially now due to the “change shortage” not a lot change flow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions