Checked out a new site today...Looks promising: 1907 & 1910 cents & Dump Site
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    White's V3i, MX Sport, Dual Field PI, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    698 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Checked out a new site today...Looks promising: 1907 & 1910 cents & Dump Site

As you have heard me say before, I do not have much time to detect anymore. For this reason I have stuck close to home on my hunts so I can sneak out for an hour or two now and then. I have had my eye on this site for a while. I had about one hour to detect today, and I did not let the light rain stop me.

I found the two cents next to each other. I almost always find old pennies in pairs. These were both next to a pond, about 4 inches deep. Both had iffy signals, even with the wet conditions. The IH fared much better than the 1910 Wheatie, which is a mess!

Not far away I came across a dump site in the woods. It is a small cellar hole lined with bricks and earth and may have been a privy. There are many old bottles and dishes scattered about. It was impossible to use my detector with all the junk. I may have to invest in a sniper coil.

Does anyone know anything about I.P. Co.? It says semi- vitreous and has the word porcelain beneath. Any help as to the age is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007_1120Image0004.JPG 
Views:	671 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	167247  
    Attached Images Attached Images    

us
    Aug 2007
    NJ
    EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
    119 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Checked out a new site today...Looks promising: 1907 & 1910 cents & Dump Site

Neil, you always find such great stuff... psst watch me.... just watch me.... am getting better...

booty
    Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor  in the morning, satan shudders and says, OH CHIT, SHE'S AWAKE.

us
    Oct 2006
    Whites XLT
    19 times

Re: Checked out a new site today...Looks promising: 1907 & 1910 cents & Dump Site

No info for you. But nice Indian Head
    Tuolumne County Incident Feed
    http://incidentfeed.com

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    698 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Quote Originally Posted by bootybay
    Neil, you always find such great stuff... psst watch me.... just watch me.... am getting better...

booty
    I got my eye on you, waiting to see your booty!

us
    Jan 2007
    Northern Illinois
    Whites XLT Tecnitiks Delta 400
    15 times

Nice finds Neil---That IH is in good shape

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    165 times

Re: Checked out a new site today...Looks promising: 1907 & 1910 cents & Dump Sit

Congrats on the finds! HH, Mike

Oct 2006
    Zelienople
    White's XLT
    856 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I agree with finding multiple pennies together; just wish they were quarters and dimes! Nice Indian.
    A gentleman farmer named Floyd
    With some of his kin was annoyed
    The boys in their youth
    Did not know the truth
    And one of his tools was destroyed

us
    NJ

Nov 2006
    Middlesex County, New Jersey
    Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
    234 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

Neil,
    Congrats on the 2 cents. I also hit a new area of an old park I've been detecting at lunch time. Found two wheats from the teens. Will have to go over that area a little slower and more organized next time out there. HH
    NJ

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2915 times

According to my US Marks on Porcelain and Potter, the piece of pottery you found comes from the International Pottery Company, founded in 1860 in Trenton NJ and dates some time before 1904. The company made hotel ware, semi-porcelain and toilet ware.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    698 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbling
    According to my US Marks on Porcelain and Potter, the piece of pottery you found comes from the International Pottery Company, founded in 1860 in Trenton NJ and dates some time before 1904. The company made hotel ware, semi-porcelain and toilet ware.

Thanks for that info, BB!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links