Last hunt for a while

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Went back out to one of our older spots with a buddy today to see if we could dig another draped bust half dime🤢 Anyway, my buddy got called into work so I hunted alone. Wasn’t much going on, with the recent snow melt, every hole was like a dirt smoothie. I did manage a busted shoe buckle, a tombac button, hunk of croatal bell, a brass thimble and a KGI half penny (1724) in pretty good shape. I also eyeballed 5 big ones!!!!!

Attachments

• FDD13A98-D142-4160-B74E-5ADD672C21B8.jpeg
    FDD13A98-D142-4160-B74E-5ADD672C21B8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    857.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 9BE5F241-C0A3-44A5-B658-B49B82835908.jpeg
    9BE5F241-C0A3-44A5-B658-B49B82835908.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 32

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've had an exceptional season Mr. Dirt. Hopefully the weather cooperates and there are still a few days left of hunting prior to 2021. Cheers!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice wrap up for the year...

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Nice digs JD. Always nice to get into KG1 territory.....WIII's often pop up as well. You wrapping things up for the season? We have some snow coming in Thursday but it shouldn't stick around.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing like earning something while digging holes.
A nice ending hunt-congrats on the old copper & thimble.

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs JD. Always nice to get into KG1 territory.....WIII's often pop up as well. You wrapping things up for the season? We have some snow coming in Thursday but it shouldn't stick around.
I hope it melts too. Dig through snow is unpleasant, I did it all last winter which wasn’t too bad as far as winters in New England go. Tnet member RussM wants to start door knocking on the cape and south shore, so I think me and the boys will be road tripping it a lot this winter

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know if you get down my way.

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never know Joe, might still be time, I detected every month this year, ground only froze solid for a short time. You've had an awesome year, really enjoyed your posts, maybe I'll run into you in 2021 in-between central and western!

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe-Dirt, I just went through some of your older threads from this year. You do very well. I think you had a great year.

You and I also have the same feelings towards out garrett machines. I've held onto my AT Pro because it was my first detector and I did well with it. Went to the max and just didnt like it. The sounds it made are horrid. I was sad to see the Apex had the same audio. I run the equinox 600 and it's a keeper. Had the same issue as you again, where my battery only last 5 hours. I think I beat you to the punch on that one. The repair center said it was the first time they had seen that issue and they were keeping it for research purposes. My replacement head has been good. My dad lives in central ma but he mainly does parks and I'll knock on a few doors when I go to visit.

I'm in sw nh hitting the cellar holes. It was a beautiful fall. Got out yesterday and nabbed a half real and a DBLC. Hopefully not my last hunt for the year but we will see.

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe-Dirt, I just went through some of your older threads from this year. You do very well. I think you had a great year.

You and I also have the same feelings towards out garrett machines. I've held onto my AT Pro because it was my first detector and I did well with it. Went to the max and just didnt like it. The sounds it made are horrid. I was sad to see the Apex had the same audio. I run the equinox 600 and it's a keeper. Had the same issue as you again, where my battery only last 5 hours. I think I beat you to the punch on that one. The repair center said it was the first time they had seen that issue and they were keeping it for research purposes. My replacement head has been good. My dad lives in central ma but he mainly does parks and I'll knock on a few doors when I go to visit.

I'm in sw nh hitting the cellar holes. It was a beautiful fall. Got out yesterday and nabbed a half real and a DBLC. Hopefully not my last hunt for the year but we will see.
I did love my ATpro, but I sold it to one of my permission property owners and I just sold my max on eBay and took a wicked bath on it. Only go $475. I absolutely love my Now 600, great machine anywhere. I started hearing horror stories about wait times from the repair center in Pennsylvania so I picked up the 800 which is a great machine. I hunt with a long time Deus user and we have a running dollar bet on coin totals every hunt. I’ve noticed that my Nox does get more depth than the Deus, not sure if it’s the program he’s running or his choice of coils. There’s been a few times this fall where I would shirt a field he’s already done and pulled up missed items and coins.

Drop me a pm when you’re in town to see your dad, we can get out and dig or we can drop in on you on our way up to my Vermont permission I haven’t even touched.

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did love my ATpro, but I sold it to one of my permission property owners and I just sold my max on eBay and took a wicked bath on it. Only go $475. I absolutely love my Now 600, great machine anywhere. I started hearing horror stories about wait times from the repair center in Pennsylvania so I picked up the 800 which is a great machine. I hunt with a long time Deus user and we have a running dollar bet on coin totals every hunt. I’ve noticed that my Nox does get more depth than the Deus, not sure if it’s the program he’s running or his choice of coils. There’s been a few times this fall where I would shirt a field he’s already done and pulled up missed items and coins.

Drop me a pm when you’re in town to see your dad, we can get out and dig or we can drop in on you on our way up to my Vermont permission I haven’t even touched.

I also hunt with a long time deus owner. He kills it on buttons and does well on coins. I do an even mix on both depending on site. One thing I can do on the equinox much better than either garrett is call my target before I dig. The audio from the equinox is an easier language for me to learn and concentrate on through an extended hunt. The newest update helped as well.

Thanks for the open invitation and likewise to you.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Impressive totals for the year Bob.....congrats.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds, Congrats!!! "D"

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got that hunt in before the new snow out your way hit the fan. . . nice recovery on that KG copper!
I also found a $5 a few years ago. . . but with my detector. Someone had wrapped it around a clad quarter and buried it.

Have a safe holiday!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread