Final Hunt Of 2020 ?

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0904.JPG On Sunday, Sue and I headed to the farmer's market field we've been hunting recently for one more try at squeezing some more coins out of the ground before winter puts an end to the hunt season. Finds for the day were 60 coins worth $7.28 bringing the total finds for this site to 478 coins worth $81.09 plus three pieces of sterling silver jewelry. Snow and cold weather is predicted for the coming week so this may have been our last hunt of 2020. :dontknow:

Upvote 8

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Never say never!

It was only a few years back that I remember 60+ degrees here in Mich on Christmas Eve, I was hunting a lakefront park and jet skiers on the lake, no foolin!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the coins. Hope its not your last hunt, but I know we are getting cooler here also, and the ground is starting to freeze. Time to move back into the wooded areas where we can still dig.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never say never!

It was only a few years back that I remember 60+ degrees here in Mich on Christmas Eve, I was hunting a lakefront park and jet skiers on the lake, no foolin!
It's not looking good......we're supposed to get around a foot of snow tonight and then the temps are predicted to drop well below average so I'm pretty sure I'm done for the year. Back in 2015 we hunted right up until New Year's Eve because we had no snow and the temps were mild. Christmas Day that year had temps that reached into the 60's and YES, we hunted on Christmas.

Nice job on the coins. Hope its not your last hunt, but I know we are getting cooler here also, and the ground is starting to freeze. Time to move back into the wooded areas where we can still dig.
Thanks Trezurehunter.....major snow coming tonight and very cold temps to follow so it looks like the detectors will be put away until next spring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread