Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to the Fort Which was built on an Indian Shellmound I have gotten a lot of good things but it’s so hard digging you have soil white shells clam shells oyster shells and red brick mixed in there. I doubt if anybody else Could hit it like I hit it with my shovel. I’ve broke all my shovels but this one is strong call lit Ol’ Heavy. A good 12 inches down red brick at 8 inches I found this lock. Same place where I found my Indian tomahawks and revolutionary buttons. I’m going to start the Electrolysis snd bring this beauty back to life IMG_0891.jpg
IMG_0890.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 30

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome fine buddy, keep up the good work and we'll hit it again this weekend... "D"

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and excellent click-bait thread title.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheee doggies that thang gots some heavy patina on it. :grin: I think it will be a real sweet relic when you get her cleaned up. Congrats on the nice find truth.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will...... I’ll also show you the Charger I’m using it’s $9.99 at Most hardware stores I’ll take a picture of it when I’m finished It’s great it’s like every morning Is like Christmas [emoji319]

I appreciate that very much! Can't wait to see the results--I'll bet it turns out real nice. :thumbsup:

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m trying to keep up with you ecmo!!
Lol, I have found a few great treasures of my own truth, but the biggies were before joining the forum. You on the other hand have found the old Spanish silver, Revolutionary and war of 1812 cannonballs, canister shot, buttons and I can't begin to remember what all. Besides I really don't think anyone else on 2 forums that I belong to works as hard nor as persistantly as you do. You have so many well deserved finds and I respect that!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Truth. I'm sure glad the Fort you got locked up in, had the internet so you could make your post !!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol, I have found a few great treasures of my own truth, but the biggies were before joining the forum. You on the other hand have found the old Spanish silver, Revolutionary and war of 1812 cannonballs, canister shot, buttons and I can't begin to remember what all. Besides I really don't think anyone else on 2 forums that I belong to works as hard nor as persistantly as you do. You have so many well deserved finds and I respect that!!

ecmo I truly appreciate those kind words it’s an addiction and the year 2020 was real good to me I have to admit this Fort was a amusement park in the 1940’s it was also a party hang out for kids to drink beer. I know this because I was there LOL so it’s got plenty of pool towels plenty of trash if somebody would’ve told me 42 years from now I would be picking up all those pull tabs I would’ve thought they were nuts. Also I’ve had people pass by and said there’s nothing left here between the archaeologist and the metal detectorists there’s nothing left and I said OK. ecmo it’s hard digging but I’m nuts so You got to realize that I’m always I’m not always digging up treasure I dig a lot of deep iron trash, iron nails pulltabs. And that’s not including the white shells, oyster shells, clamshells and brick. But I definitely proved that a site is never hunted out it’s just they won’t go as far to find it as I do and I come up with a full bag of trash a lot of the times but it’s so sweet when you find something you earned.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Truth!!!! I got one just like it at my militia site this summer about 16” down

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job Truth!!!! I got one just like it at my militia site this summer about 16” down

Hey Joe I appreciate it iron was good to me this year I got about four of these locks and two Indian tomahawks at the spot but man it is hard to get through my I just bang it out and remember that’s on a maybe they have a lot of big iron trash too. 16 inches deep without knowing exactly what it is my 8 pound French cannonball was about 2 feet deep. I remember I went out there the next day and I got a signal just like it and I dug 2 feet down and it was a piece of iron. Everybody wants to go deep and the problem is you got a dig it LOL man after that I just filled up the hole and went home LOL I was too exhausted

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Truth, Congrat's to you on a great looking lock. This lock should be CW period. I found one just like this one a few years back. When you go to cleaning the lock, take care with the brass swivel lock cover. It may be stamped U.S. On the front, if so, this will date the lock to the CW. You may already know this. JFYI. Again, Congrat's on the lock. It looks to be in good shape. Well Done, an early Christmas present.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, Congrat's to you on a great looking lock. This lock should be CW period. I found one just like this one a few years back. When you go to cleaning the lock, take care with the brass swivel lock cover. It may be stamped U.S. On the front, if so, this will date the lock to the CW. You may already know this. JFYI. Again, Congrat's on the lock. It looks to be in good shape. Well Done, an early Christmas present.

Hey devildog I sure do I hope it shines up like my other ones this is probably my fourth one I found there but I’m going to take off at around six I’ll can already see lotta the rust Is flaking off I’ll take pictures and leave them on this thread

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Almost done I have to cook it a little bit longer overnight and then Iall I have to do is bring back that brass I can see some letters I can’t wait to research it that’s my favorite part. In the keyhole where that round metal part on top is that a broken key or it’s made like that?

IMG_0900.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread