May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

The Bone Dry Detecting crew got out today to the ColonialSite we've been hitting for the last month. The pickings are getting pretty slim but we managed to find a few nice items. Here are mine - the guys will be posting theirs soon.

Kirk & Kyle think the copper is a King George III - although there is even less detail than the last one I found - don't get me wrong I like finding 200 year old coins but I REALLY WANT SOME DETAIL ON IT !!!!! (a date or bust would be cool)

anyway - got a shoe buckle and some nice dropped musketballs

we also had a chance to talk with another land owner and got permission to hunt a really exciting piece of property that could produce bigtime !

take care

vp

Attachments

• colonials-aftertumble copy.jpg
    colonials-aftertumble copy.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 258
  • colonialstuff.jpg
    colonialstuff.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 651
  • colonials-aftertumble copy.jpg
    colonials-aftertumble copy.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Re: Colonial Stuff from recent Bone Dry hunt

Yo, Kevin, you made the rest of Bone Dry Detecting proud. Yo, man, I am looking forward to this new piece of property. Folks, one hint: Colonial stuff will be found. ;) ;) ;)

Bone Dry Detecting...zoyster

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Yo, Kevin, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz up? I am super-thrilled for your coppa recovery. You deserve it, man.

I can't wait until Sunday. This new field will produce Colonial artifacts. ;) ;) ;)

Bone Dry Detecting...Kirk

P.S. I ate my first meal at 5:30 in the PM. :D This metal detecting stuff is addicting. :D

P.S. Bone Dry Detecting has 21 Colonial coppas, with a total of 49 coppas. ;)

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT

hey Kevin/vpone

I am excited for all four of you BDD'ers. have a great hunt on the new location and be sure to show us what you found. Is the new location adjacent to the old location or a ways away from it?

Sanat

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice going on another copper, what is the diameter in mm if you please? Weight in Grams or Grains also helps sometimes in IDing. It looks nice and round and I think you might get some detail with some diligent cleaning. Try a tracing with tracing paper and pencil, or take a piece of Aluminum Foil, shiny side to the coin and make a rubbing using your thumb. If all fails, than start to brush the coin with a toothbrush brass bristled brush, nothing to lose at that point and there should be some detail there.

I have a friend who has over a thousand colonial coppers and early federal period coins and he has many like that. He hunts farmlands also. Well , this past summer he decided to tumble those coppers and to his surprise he got dates, detail on many of the coins. He got some Draped Bust dates, a couple NJ coppers and a St Patricks Halfpenny, which was the first one I heard of being found in NJ. So, even tumbling works as a last resort!

Don

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Sanat said:
hey Kevin/vpone

I am excited for all four of you BDD'ers. have a great hunt on the new location and be sure to show us what you found. Is the new location adjacent to the old location or a ways away from it?

Sanat

It is adjacent to it.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice digs. I'm sure the "Brothers Bone Dry" will find tons of stuff at the new site.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice coppa Vpone. Make sure you guys get a good picture of those 49 coppas all lined up for the website. Don't worry Kevin. You will be finding many large copers in the future. One of them is bound to have some nice detail on it. Hopefully it will be the next one. ;D

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

hey guys

thanks for all the great posts !

Don : I'm going to try the tracing paper and foil and like you said if all else fails - what the heck i got a tumbler - i'll give it a try ! thanks

Evolution : your avatar picture is the kind of detail i want on my coppers :) i can wish can't i ?

we researched the heck out of this new site and think it may truly be a virgin colonial site, today was a BIG step gettign permission and hearing everythign the land owner had to say about our research - Sunday could be very productive - let's keep our fingers crossed guys !

thanks again for all the support of BDD

vp

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

vpone said:
hey guys

thanks for all the great posts !

Don : I'm going to try the tracing paper and foil and like you said if all else fails - what the heck i got a tumbler - i'll give it a try ! thanks

Evolution : your avatar picture is the kind of detail i want on my coppers :) i can wish can't i ?

we researched the heck out of this new site and think it may truly be a virgin colonial site, today was a BIG step gettign permission and hearing everythign the land owner had to say about our research - Sunday could be very productive - let's keep our fingers crossed guys !

thanks again for all the support of BDD

vp

Yo, Kevin, if it is truly virgin, expect handfuls of Colonials for all of us, man! As you stated, let's keep our metal datecting fingas crossed.

BDD...Kirk

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kevin,

<---------I really stepped in S**T when I found that one. It was my first large coppa. If this site you guys are looking at is as good as I think it will be, you will get your large coppa (detail included) this weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. I couldn't get out either yesterday or today because it rained pretty steady both days. :-\

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Evolution said:
Kevin,

<---------I really stepped in S**T when I found that one. It was my first large coppa. If this site you guys are looking at is as good as I think it will be, you will get your large coppa (detail included) this weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. I couldn't get out either yesterday or today because it rained pretty steady both days. :-\

yeah, like i said, i want some detail - i want "EVOLUTION DETAIL" on my next coppa - that's what i want ! :)
when i first saw your avatar, i went back and read the post of when you found it - VERY EXCITING ! made me want to grab my SE and head right out !

and btw all - i used the steering wheel (16.5" excellerator coil) today and although nothing was real deep (musket ball was pushing 9") boy did I cover some ground with it ! there was no trash and no stalks or anything to get tangled in - so i think it will be my "coil of choice" for the winter season in these colonial fields !

thanks again for all the great posts

vp
Bone Dry Detecting

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

LOVE the colonial coppas !!!! I am anxiously waiting to see more !!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vpone, those are some nice relics my friend! Definitely a good day. I see some musketsballs, a coppa, and that little D bucke is nice too! I dug one last weekend that looks alot like it ;) 101_1219.JPG Good job and good luck this coming weekend bud! I know that Kirk and Kyle will put you on some nice spots! Great relics brother ;) BTW, how long have you had your excelerator coil?? The reason I ask is that I remember that Paco was asking us about what we thought was the best and deepest coil and I told him that I wouldnt trade my 11x14 DD Excelerator coil for nothin! I think if they see how much ground you cover and how deep that baby gets, Paco who uses the same great MXT like me, may be "persuaded" to get himself one! Hey, seeing is believing and those coils are AWESOME. Good luck this weekend again.

Attachments

• 101_1219.JPG
    101_1219.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 497

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

YO VPONE, THIS IS PACO....... ALL I HEARD WAS YOU YELLING WITH YOUR FISTS IN THE AIR. I LAID MY MXT DOWN EVER SOOO GENTLY AND SPRINTED YOUR WAY........GREAT JOB ON THE COOPA BRO. I WISH IT HAD MORE DETAIL ALSO......
PACO, BONE DRY DETECTING.COM

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

I heard someone hooting, too, and looked up and saw you two guys jumping around about a hundred yards away. :D

We need to film, damn it! ;) :D

Bonedrydetecting.com,
Kirk

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KirkPA said:
I heard someone hooting, too, and looked up and saw you two guys jumping around about a hundred yards away. :D

We need to film, damn it! ;) :D

Bonedrydetecting.com,
Kirk
Thats what I've been saying guys. YOU NEED TO FILM!!!!!!!

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

OH HECK YEA KIRKPA, FILMING SHOULD GO WITH US ON EVERY TRIP. WE ARE ALWAYS PULLING LARGE COPPAS OR SOME 18TH CENTURY RELICS......
DID KYLE HAPPEN TO GET A PIC OF THE BADGE HE AND I BOTH GOT...
PACO, BONE DRY DETECTING .COM

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

PACO said:
OH HECK YEA KIRKPA, FILMING SHOULD GO WITH US ON EVERY TRIP. WE ARE ALWAYS PULLING LARGE COPPAS OR SOME 18TH CENTURY RELICS......

Yo, PACO, whazzzzz up? We still have to get a pic of it. We will probably post it sometime tomorrow.

Have a great Thanksgiving, PAC, with many metal detecting stories to go around the table.

Bonedrydetecting.com,
Kirk

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

PACO said:

Yo, PACO, whaaaaz up? Yo, man, I will have to get a picture of that ancient relic that I found along the river. John Walter would be proud of our style, dudes.

Bone Dry Detecting...zoyster

www.bonedrydetecting.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread