1932 Prosperity Token

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
That sounds like a great find!! and from close to my home town, (Kenosha), but I'm sorry to say I don't know much about it. WTG

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Any chance of a picture? Not that I'd know any more about it than I do now (not a thing), but it's fun to see anyway.

Just noticed your screen name - I love it! :D

good luck on that token

HH
Nan

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never seen the token before, but maybe I can add a little history to it. In 1932, Franklin D. Roosevelt was running for President for the first of his four terms. After the problems that the country had been in under Herbert Hoover, the depression, and prohibition, one of his campaign themes was bring back prosperity. This token appears to have been probably issued by an individual or company that was supporting FDR and his promise of prosperity. This is just a guess, but it makes sense with your token.

Good find, and I would love to see a picture.

HH

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
There were quite a few different "Milwaukee Prosperity" tokens, apparently issued as part of a campaign to stimulate trade in the city during the Depression. They served much the same purpose that coupons do today. Here's a link to a list of them offered a few years ago by token dealer Bob Slawsky:

http://bobslawsky.com/Sale75.htm#MPT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread