Indian spear head found

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Yesterday while detecting 2 fields,I found what looks like a spear head,one that was being worked on but never was finished..I showed two different persons, one who has Indian heritage in his backround...and they both agree that it definitely has the feature of a spear head.I found a couple of rocks the shape of arrow heads also...But so far this is the one item from my hunting's that really seems to be real.I also found 30+ rocks that are magnetic....4 of them are magnetic...Move with a compass,heavy for there size and do not make a scratch mark on any scratch test tile..I am hoping I may have found a meteorite..When I metal detect I don't only look for coins..I also look for unusual rocks that could be Indian artifacts and other items also.Pays to keep your eyes on the ground..It works nice for me because I don't have the type of machine that has the visual viewer on it,runs by sound alone!

Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I do the same thing when I detect. I love all that good old stuff. Arrowheads & relics are great anywhere you find them. They are a nice bonus to a hunt. Congrats on your find. Spotz

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found a lot of pieces of flint that were started as arrowheads, then discarded. I guess if the maker got to a point where the flint broke or they just decided it wasn't going to be good enough, that was the only thing to do.

Kent

brandy

Jan 15, 2005
SOUTH ARKANSAS
Hey Ghost ,where did you find the rock? What state. Can you show a pic of it. Iv'e been hunting and collecting artifacts for more than thirty years now and I'm always interested in other peoples finds. If I could see it and know where it's from there's a good chance i can identify it for you.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do the same thing GS when i swing i look at the rocks and have a few smaller "hot" rocks that maybe metorites?also find the odd this or that that peolple lose or cast off,but always seem to mash my head into something when i dont make note of low branchs etc.LOLhave a few stone tools ive found.one back a few weeks ago from dixon,illinois area no doubt its a tool!

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Great find! Hey I found this a while back looks like part of an arrow head to me what do you think? I'ts abot 1 inch long.

Attachments

• 1 043.jpg
    1 043.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 838

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
yeah dano it looks to me like that was shaped by human hands.nice find.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Dano, that's what is called a "hafted scraper". It was a point at one time, but broke. The end was then re-shaped into a utility device with the hafting area left on so it could be hafted onto a handle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread