Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone, and Happy New Year (is it too late to say that?)!
I've been getting out detecting since the 1st but haven't had a lot of luck, so today after work I headed over to a park where my son and I have found silver coins before, and the park didn't let me down. I only got to hunt for an hour before it got dark, but right away I pulled out the Mercury Dime (1940-S) and at the very end, at dusk, I pulled out the Washington Quarter (1941). Both are in decent shape with good detail.

But the charm is what I'm most impressed by, because my Equinox was telling me there was silver wedged between two iron signals and I trusted it - and it payed off. Sure enough, I pulled out a nail, and then saw that little charm in the hole. I think there once was a stone in the middle of the heart, but the stone was not with it when I found it.

Yay - I'm on the (silver) board for 2021!

(I already have them in their cardboard flips, including the charm. In a future post I'll show you how I'm displaying my finds from across the years in an album)
Z3mRl6r.jpg BgpE13a.jpg
ekEvn4H.jpg

(I thought I'd include some in situ pictures, with the second one showing the quarter peeking out of the hole at about 7")
NwCa5le.jpg CfvvPuA.jpg

Upvote 11

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy First Silver of The Year!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy New Year Brian! Congrats on the nice finds. The Equinox is very impressive at pulling finds out that are co-mingled with iron. Looking forward to seeing your display.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread