Covered Bridge....

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
I hit the site of an old covered bridge that was built in 1875 yesterday, wasn't sure how good I'd do since the area has been tampered with a little bit. My day was complete when I found a 1920 penny in the dirt under the bridge. A couple of guys stopped by and asked if I was having any luck....I told them lots of pull tabs and a penny. If they only knew how excited I was to have that penny....a piece of history from a historical site. Happy Hunting. Dan

Upvote 0
F

Floater

Remember where there's Wheat there's Silver.Remember to go up stream from the bridge and hunt as well as in the first holes in the stream bed just down stream. These have always been the most active areas. How deep is the water?HH

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. As the previous post said, where there are wheats, there is probably silver, you just gotta be patient. HH

OP
OP
M

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
Thanks guys, I'd love to find some silver or a large cent. The water doesn't appear to be too deep under the bridge. Up stream they put in a culvert and made a road over that, down stream a dozer has moved some dirt and someone cut down a fairly large tree at the edge of a crop field. I saw a strange horse shoe there I assumed was more for a mule than a horse. Anyway I hope to get back and hit more around the water next time. Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread