πŸ₯‡ BANNER Still Shaking! Found a few Morgan Silver Dollars

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Got into the woods here in White Plains, looking for an old school house from the 1905 - 1920 era, that was supposed to have been built on top of an older school from the 1800s. I had been out for about an hour before it started raining a bit of ice/sleet, when I got a deep bouncing 34, 36, 37, in Artifact mode. Honestly I almost didn't dig it because I guessed it was big, deep, iron, but I was getting ready to call it a day and hadn't filmed a dig yet. Glad I Dug It! I made an appointment to see a coin guy in Greenwich, tomorrow so I can get them appraised. I am super stoked!!!!:headbang::hello2:

Upvote 194

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Adding my congrats a little late but CONGRATS! It’s everyone’s’ dream come true to find a cache of hidden old silver and your dream come true!

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, congrats on the stellar find! I really enjoyed hearing your awesome laugh when you realized what you had found!

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HOLY SMOKES, Terry! I'm late to the party; just saw this post and just watched your video. What can I even say, that hasn't been said already?! CONGRATULATIONS on the find of a lifetime!!!

Steve

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Terry, congratulations on your find, it has had a tremendous positive affect on your life and I would say you have used it wisely so another congratulations on doing that!!

I did not notice it in any of your posts so out of curiosity, what detector were you using, maybe something you bought from Wallmart??!

By my working way to hard I've finally turned a corner with the Florida project such that all of us are quite pleased and we have our first order for coating a fine wire with a thin coating of plastic. We've only "scratched the surface" for potential companies of the products from the technology so our hopes are high. Management here has treated me well as I've worked hard so like you I am excited about the possibilities!

Thank you for shairing with all of us, it was quite thrilling to feel your excitement!! Herb

884F0B15-96AF-49EB-8EFB-F610FE42C33E.jpeg in NFAR Country late 2020 just before leaving for Florida.

Attachments

• AF673B81-73B9-4D4C-93AD-6117C6FD6911.jpeg
    AF673B81-73B9-4D4C-93AD-6117C6FD6911.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry way to go Im glad this happened for you. Awesome my turn next lol

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Terry, congratulations on your find, it has had a tremendous positive affect on your life and I would say you have used it wisely so another congratulations on doing that!!

I did not notice it in any of your posts so out of curiosity, what detector were you using, maybe something you bought from Wallmart??!

By my working way to hard I've finally turned a corner with the Florida project such that all of us are quite pleased and we have our first order for coating a fine wire with a thin coating of plastic. We've only "scratched the surface" for potential companies of the products from the technology so our hopes are high. Management here has treated me well as I've worked hard so like you I am excited about the possibilities!

Thank you for shairing with all of us, it was quite thrilling to feel your excitement!! Herb

View attachment 1924282 in NFAR Country late 2020 just before leaving for Florida.

Hello my friend! I found it with the Minelab Vanquish 540. Absolutely LOVE the machine. I actually use it more than my Equinox.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Voting banner as well! Fantastic find!!

I wonder if it was buried recently. All those silver coins touching underground for 100+ years...many will usually come out really darkly stained from reacting with each other esp with no apparent top on the jar. I'll bet there are more there. Keep us posted :icon_thumright:

Amazing the clean jar, no top, the loose dirt, and the shiny clean coins. Could have been buried earlier this year.

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome Terry, good for you. And I thought I had a good day finding a sterling silver ring that lost its stone, a cheap men's wedding band, and a wedding ring for a buddy who lost it in a lake...
Great Job.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats Terry on the once in a lifetime recovery! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread