🥇 BANNER Still Shaking! Found a few Morgan Silver Dollars

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Got into the woods here in White Plains, looking for an old school house from the 1905 - 1920 era, that was supposed to have been built on top of an older school from the 1800s. I had been out for about an hour before it started raining a bit of ice/sleet, when I got a deep bouncing 34, 36, 37, in Artifact mode. Honestly I almost didn't dig it because I guessed it was big, deep, iron, but I was getting ready to call it a day and hadn't filmed a dig yet. Glad I Dug It! I made an appointment to see a coin guy in Greenwich, tomorrow so I can get them appraised. I am super stoked!!!!:headbang::hello2:

Upvote 194

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's what I'm talkin about. Really incredible find. It's a find of a life time really. Congratulations :icon_thumright:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wowzer! Just the 1893-O is a astounding find.

Congratulations!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations. Just clicked in after work and saw it sitting on top. Way to go!

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The find of a lifetime for sure! Congratulations!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Ohio and i HEARD him SCREAM all the way over here :) LOL Congrats buddy

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Thanks for sharing the Great Video on a Banner Find. It look's like a few that you showed had a ( D ) Mint mark on the reverse or possible an ( O ) mint mark. Can you post some dates on the Morgan Dollar soon. goldnugget

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sitting in my office, sipping on a 25-year-old Macallan Whisky, and twirling a coin in my fingers that was minted in New Orleans, 125-years ago. I'm reading all of your remarks, and feeling more fortunate by the minute to be part of the Treasurenet Family. Thank you all again for your great words of congratulations. It makes me feel so good! I hope every one of you will catch a dream find among the rusted nails and pulltabs! Now, maybe one of us will hit the Powerball!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing the Great Video on a Banner Find. It look's like a few that you showed had a ( D ) Mint mark on the reverse or possible an ( O ) mint mark. Can you post some dates on the Morgan Dollar soon. goldnugget

No Denver mints. A couple San Francisco, but mostly New Orleans and Philadelphia. :icon_thumright:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone whose been fortunate enough to have stumbled upon one of these once in a lifetime finds knows the excitement you were and are still feeling- nothing like it :hello2:. I've been at it 30 years, never found one silver dollar- you nab 26 at once! Stupendous, miraculous and any other adjective you want to throw in there- CONGRAT$$!!

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to mention this because the number of coins is 26. This means that if a person stuck away a coin every time they got paid(every two weeks if that’s how it was even back then), it could mean that this is just one cache of others planted around. Take a REALLY good look in that place Terry. It’s just an idea based on the weird yet somewhat significant number...26 weeks being a year worth of saving.

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, a dollar was worth much more back then...and, Silver Still Talks, you know Terry,...!
You Rescued those pretty Ladies...! Whatta guy...! :icon_thumright:

HessianHunter

Jul 24, 2016
Massachusettss
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations really amazing find! Love your reaction too! That's what the hobby is all about, that thrilling moment when you find something amazing!! Thanks for sharing!

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow amazing find and great you captured it on video. I still get excited finding a silver dime, so not sure how crazy it would feel to find something like that (hopefully someday I'll know).

Congrats on the find and banner. Gotta wonder what happened to whoever cached it, could have put there and went off to WW1 and never got back?

Like others mentioned maybe there are few more caches in the area.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great to see this Terry. You surely got a one of a kind kinda day :)

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Terry. Unbelievable find.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry...good job...you still shaking ?:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions