Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some know I've been dealing with a particularly heavy bout of tendonitis. I wonder why? :dontknow:

Kinda chilly out but my boredom at home *forced* me to do *SOMETHING*! :BangHead:

I figured, maybe just a short, "high squeak" walk might be in order......

0119211859~2.jpg

Little did I know !!! :eek:

0119211859b~2.jpg

I guess it does look like a lily pad.....sort of. :dontknow:

0119211859a~2.jpg

Fishy sure has a decent eye! ;)

Anyway....Aleve, Icy Hot, ice, heat, whatever....here I come! (I still think that acupuncture is my best option.....WITH A RAILROAD SPIKE!!! :eek:)

But, I just gotta come through for my fans! :dontknow:
Gonna pay for this one! :(

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 24

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADIFIND, I sufffer from the same thing, some days I feel like my are are falling off, my daughter told me to try this CBD foam, I rub it on the area that hurts and a half hour I can swing the machine, I don't use it all the time either, I'll put it on for 2 to 3 days, once a day and it seems to fix the problem for weeks, I'm 66 and still work in construction, nice finds

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=&]WHADIFIND, I sufffer from the same thing, some days I feel like my are are falling off, my daughter told me to try this CBD foam, I rub it on the area that hurts and a half hour I can swing the machine, I don't use it all the time either, I'll put it on for 2 to 3 days, once a day and it seems to fix the problem for weeks, I'm 66 and still work in construction, nice finds

[/FONT]

I've tried just about everything under the sun. Even some prescribed steroid nsaids.From the doctor's. Not much touching this and its driving me NUTZ!

There's a big problem using anything to block pain though. Its like putting in earplugs so you can't hear the engine knocking. :dontknow:

I'm older and suspect this is the beginning of the proverbial "tap on the shoulder". I figure, what the "H".....might as well go out doing what I love to do.:sad5:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will somebody refresh my memory.

I know that if it's not there....you're not gonna find it.

But...I've never, in my almost half a century of detecting, been on a super large place like this. That has just about *any* kind of ground to hunt on. Anything from farm fields to modern day sports fields. Several different sports. Woods, cornfields, pastures, old buildings, the grounds date back to the 1700's, well kept to raw, very well utilized to virgin...etc...etc...

So...there's 2 things I just can't fathom.
I have been on almost every type for about 2 years here. You've seen all the clad. But not one single wheat cent *ANYWHERE!!!?!??* HOW!?!?!?

The other thing? Almost *all* the zincolns I find? Are from 1970 to 1981!! No matter where I dig!!

Sure...I do find an occasional old piece. A half cent, a large cent, a seated dime, and just recently a civil war breast plate! But.....man!!!

Rant over. :BangHead:

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted a place like that years ago and talked to an oldtimer in the town and he told me that the field was 2 feet lower when he was a kid and they put fill on it over the years and everyone knew it was fresh dirt, the oldtimer detected too, I dug a KG3 and a Merc there, no wheaties, just modern clad, the George and dime came in on the fill

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted a place like that years ago and talked to an oldtimer in the town and he told me that the field was 2 feet lower when he was a kid and they put fill on it over the years and everyone knew it was fresh dirt, the oldtimer detected too, I dug a KG3 and a Merc there, no wheaties, just modern clad, the George and dime came in on the fill

I know about fill. This place has some areas that are *very* filled! But...my enigma is that *most* of this whole area is *not* filled in...besides....there's a story about an internal city park in San Francisco where a very very old coin was found. Turns out, they had deepened the San Francisco Bay and dumped the dirt in this park! My point? Even the hideous aspect of *FILL DIRT*? Its still dirt and it came from *somewhere*!

And yes...*eventually* I *KNOW* I will find a wheat cent! If you've followed the amount of coinage I turn up in two whole years....the odds are *phenomenal* that one hasn't turned up thus far! And...that almost 80% of the pennies I find are in such a narrow date range! Its just plain weird!

Thanks for the help!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt WHADI. I can’t help figure out the why’s and what for. I’m still trying to graduate from nails to coinage.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds Whadi. That is a lot of coins in a short amount of time.

Thanks, TH. Yeah...it is, and there has been a *ton* of coins come out of this place! Almost all of them are between 1970 & 1981! :dontknow:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Will somebody refresh my memory.

I know that if it's not there....you're not gonna find it.

But...I've never, in my almost half a century of detecting, been on a super large place like this. That has just about *any* kind of ground to hunt on. Anything from farm fields to modern day sports fields. Several different sports. Woods, cornfields, pastures, old buildings, the grounds date back to the 1700's, well kept to raw, very well utilized to virgin...etc...etc...

So...there's 2 things I just can't fathom.
I have been on almost every type for about 2 years here. You've seen all the clad. But not one single wheat cent *ANYWHERE!!!?!??* HOW!?!?!?

The other thing? Almost *all* the zincolns I find? Are from 1970 to 1981!! No matter where I dig!!

Sure...I do find an occasional old piece. A half cent, a large cent, a seated dime, and just recently a civil war breast plate! But.....man!!!

Rant over. :BangHead:

Great finds, but as was said, if it's not there you won't find it. It could be fill from a newer area that got spread out over the land putting the better dates deeper down. Odd, i know as usually some older dates get into the mix.

I should mention that the dates of '70-'81 are of the same composition as those of the wheat era. Zincolns started in '82 as they started putting a copper film over zinc. That brings up another question of, why nothing newer than '81 as well?

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
You also did not mention if you've tried the CBD. If not then try it, but be sure it is the stronger quality stuff and do note it's not cheap. I need a knee replacement and they won't operate due to my being high risk. Cortisone did not work on it, but the CBD did give me a few hours of relief.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, but as was said, if it's not there you won't find it. It could be fill from a newer area that got spread out over the land putting the better dates deeper down. Odd, i know as usually some older dates get into the mix.

I should mention that the dates of '70-'81 are of the same composition as those of the wheat era. Zincolns started in '82 as they started putting a copper film over zinc. That brings up another question of, why nothing newer than '81 as well?

Actually, I knew about '82. Just slippage saying zincolns. :dontknow:

But yeah...more to the point, why so centralized around those dates? Sure...there are some newer but that's ez to splain. As far as fill? As I said, there is some filled areas. But they are a *very* small percentage of the overall acreage. Also...some of this ground has *never* even heard of a detector! Promising, virginal, ground. But, a few exploratories have turned up nothing more than a few clad. Some old iron of course but still!

I wish I could take off about 2 feet of soil from a large square and just sift it *ALL*. Its becoming quite an enigma to me. Maybe I've finally lost my skills at doing this. :dontknow:
Thanks for helping!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also did not mention if you've tried the CBD. If not then try it, but be sure it is the stronger quality stuff and do note it's not cheap. I need a knee replacement and they won't operate due to my being high risk. Cortisone did not work on it, but the CBD did give me a few hours of relief.

In a word, no. I haven't tried ANY cannabis in ANY form. But....just b4 this drives me completely NUTZ....I'll try anything. I'm saving my ultimate treatment, ( of acupuncture....with a RAILROAD SPIKE!). I figure its gar-oon-teed to fix *anything*!!! :tongue3:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you could get permission to strip a section say 5' x 5' down about 6 or 7 inches and then detect that while sifting what you stripped. Explain why too and you might get the owner curious to allow you to do it. Good luck with your tendonitus as I hope the CBD works well for you.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This crazy sport of ours does take a toll on the old body. I guess that makes us a bunch of masochists...happy masochists, but masochists nonetheless.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you could get permission to strip a section say 5' x 5' down about 6 or 7 inches and then detect that while sifting what you stripped. Explain why too and you might get the owner curious to allow you to do it. Good luck with your tendonitus as I hope the CBD works well for you.

Yep....*sorely* tempted!!!
And no...the CBD won't work. But thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread