Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had an hour break in my day so of course I want to swing like a true addict. I’m not sure what his cross is made of or if it’s even old I’m not sure but I sure like the beauty of the fancy and the crudeness of the cross.
“With God all things are possible” image-2021-01-20-17:52:52-899.jpg
IMG_1196.jpg
IMG_1195.jpg
IMG_1194.jpg

Upvote 10

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a neat find , a bit hard to date - I don't think it's very old , I'd guess 30 , 40 years .

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking cross Truth. Nice save and find. Congrat's.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a neat find , a bit hard to date - I don't think it's very old , I'd guess 30 , 40 years .

Yeah that’s sort of what I thought since it was only 6 inches most of my relics from the war of 1812 are below the brick that was laid to make it into a amusement park.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A special find, regardless of age...

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats truth, that's a cool find. Like others I would think that it probably is in the neighbourhood of 50-60 years old.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the back, I see the letters “??AF I?c” and believe it might perhaps read “CSAF Inc”. If so (and accepting that the cross might be only a few tens of years old) I wonder if it might be from the “Christian Schools Athletic Fellowship Inc.”

Cross.jpg

CSAF Inc was founded in 1980 by a small group of schools in the Dallas and Fort Worth areas of Texas with the primary purpose of developing “Christ-like character through quality athletic programs, with attention given to fellowship, respect for opponents, playing heartily as unto the Lord, and Christian fun.”

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the back, I see the letters “??AF I?c” and believe it might perhaps read “CSAF Inc”. If so (and accepting that the cross might be only a few tens of years old) I wonder if it might be from the “Christian Schools Athletic Fellowship Inc.”

View attachment 1895862

CSAF Inc was founded in 1980 by a small group of schools in the Dallas and Fort Worth areas of Texas with the primary purpose of developing “Christ-like character through quality athletic programs, with attention given to fellowship, respect for opponents, playing heartily as unto the Lord, and Christian fun.”

Under The microscope I think it’s CFAF Inc. If I’m seeing wrong then CSCF Inc. sounds like that’s what it is

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread