2013 series 1 dollar bill with a star?

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EE012738-22BD-4418-B49F-7D62DC1E97DF.jpeg

I was looking at dollar bills instead of coins this time. I felt like I needed a little change in what I look at. I came across this in my wallet. It’s got a star in the number. I don’t know what that means, but I decided to hang onto it.

Someone also wrote 25 on the left side. I don’t think it’s valuable.

Still, I thought it was interesting. Just wanted to share.

Jared

Upvote 4

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find...a star note. Collectible.

aj

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that a star means that that serial number was destroyed for some reason and re-issued?

Lamy Lineman

Sep 27, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Equinox600, Whites MXT all Pro, Whites XL Pro, Whites Bullseye, Deteknix X-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wildcat is right. Star notes, as they are called, are replacement notes that have been damaged in the making process. Some are very valuable. If it had a really low serial #, or what is called a ladder. Ex; 12344321, or repeater 11112222. It would be worth more. If you find a couple that the #'s are sequential, and in like new condition, they would also have value. Yours is in bad shape, has a tear, and sorry to say, is worth a dollar. Spend it.

Look at these:

Attachments

• CIMG0813.jpg
    CIMG0813.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wildcat is right. Star notes, as they are called, are replacement notes that have been damaged in the making process. Some are very valuable. If it had a really low serial #, or what is called a ladder. Ex; 12344321, or repeater 11112222. It would be worth more. If you find a couple that the #'s are sequential, and in like new condition, they would also have value. Yours is in bad shape, has a tear, and sorry to say, is worth a dollar. Spend it.

Look at these:

I see what you mean, thank you for pointing that out. Still, at least I’m keeping an eye out for these types of things!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely have a very good eye for spotting that star,thank you for sharing .Yes being in this forum for me is like being in school because I learn something new every day

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely have a very good eye for spotting that star,thank you for sharing .Yes being in this forum for me is like being in school because I learn something new every day

Same here. I learn something new every day too.

By the way, I noticed you have an electric guitar in your profile picture. That’s cool! I play acoustic ukulele myself!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's neat to collect a few of the smaller denominations. It can be expensive if you start saving the $ 100.00 star notes !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread