Tetragrammaton pendant (like bomber's post from 2010)

captain ahab

Jan 4, 2005
colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett

Attachments

• 20210123 - tetragrammaton.jpg
    20210123 - tetragrammaton.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 10

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to read that original post and would add this.

I don’t know where the original design came from, but (with numerous variations) these things are a relatively modern hotch-potch of symbolism pulled from various places… masonic, quasi-religious, wiccan, astrological and alchemic among other things. They usually have the pentagram design with a combination of Greek, Latin and Hebrew characters; plus things like the caduceus of Mercury (at the centre); the holy grail chalice (top right); the seal of Solomon (lower left); the mystic symbolism of numbers 12 and 123 (at the top); a sword or scimitar as a symbol of male dominance (bottom) to name just a few.

It doesn’t have much to do with the biblical Hebrew ‘Tetragrammaton’. Lots of companies make them. Here’s a typical one from fleabay, also pictured alongside your example.

Pentagram.jpg Pentagram2.jpg

I know that folks don’t like to click on external links, but this web-page offers some explanations (?) for the imagery with what (in my humble opinion and with all due respect to the religious beliefs of others) is a bunch of pretentious mumbo-jumbo. Dang! I'm probably now cursed for all eternity.

https://thegreatwork208716197.wordpress.com/2019/02/10/te-tra-gram-ma-ton/

But hey, silver is silver.

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting