😱😱VERY VERY RARE CIVIL WAR NC SUNBURST BUTTON!

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: BD4F3F61-AF11-409E-A21B-CE2C3207B217.jpeg 0B9CC772-C7AF-4D49-9FFC-EA9DAD542365.jpeg

I scored this beauty today with the Garrett Ace Apex! Found out it’s very rare, being told only 1 of 8 known to exist!

Upvote 74

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sgt. Whitey, first a Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia. Secondly, Congrat's to you on one Great Save on the N.C. SunTrust button. She's a real beaut and a great piece of History. One of my hunting pards dug a Sunburst button years ago at the edge of a field we were hunting.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Nice Button... sure hope it's a genuine one! Congratulations! Welcome to the forum from Oregon!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey beautiful button I’m just wondering if you have found the real deal or one that was made more recently
Me too, I'm just not sure...

Went quiet?:icon_scratch:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome sir.

That’s something special. Congrats.

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great button. Banner vote in!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Really super find! What is the back story? What type of site did you find it in? How deep? What did it sound like? I can never seem to find many buttons so I live vicariously through everyone else :laughing7:

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much. I am already SUB'd to your channel. I only know of one other one and that is the one that is pictured in the book "NORTH CAROLINA CIVIL WAR BUTTONS" Written by the late C. Terry Teff.
That is one heck of a nice button.. Never seen one like that before.. Congrats and welcome to treasurenet..

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great question BLK HOLE.... It was on a 1914 soil survey. I didn't expect much but MAYBE just early 1900 to late 1880's stuff. I was shocked at all I have dug there. I generate another post of everything I have dug from this one site.
WOW! Really super find! What is the back story? What type of site did you find it in? How deep? What did it sound like? I can never seem to find many buttons so I live vicariously through everyone else :laughing7:

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the PINETREE one is super rare too. But you can find examples of them online and a few have been found. This one, other than mine and the one in the book written by the late C. Terry Teff - "NORTH CAROLINA CIVIL WAR BUTTONS" are the ONLY two I can see.
Very interesting button! The button is very close in lettering characteristics to the North Carolina pine tree Civil War button. The stipple dots around the lettering are very similar too. The NC pine tree button is a holy grail button for collectors and diggers. The center rays look more like a sunburst as you say. The star pattern looks similar to the pine tree button which has 5 stars on bottom.

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just replied with the full follow up story to this post. It was about 4-5 inches down. It was a solid 76 on the ACE APEX with is like an Indian Penny or other flat buttons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread