😱😱VERY VERY RARE CIVIL WAR NC SUNBURST BUTTON!

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: BD4F3F61-AF11-409E-A21B-CE2C3207B217.jpeg 0B9CC772-C7AF-4D49-9FFC-EA9DAD542365.jpeg

I scored this beauty today with the Garrett Ace Apex! Found out it’s very rare, being told only 1 of 8 known to exist!

Upvote 74
OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None taken.... I 100% guarantee this is the real deal. The site is a virgin site. That has late 1700's, 1800's and up to about 1945 stuff being found.
Congrats!

Please don't take this the wrong way but have you eliminated the possibility of a later copy? Always important with rare buttons.

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much! I didn't even know what I had dug originally. I thought it was just a NC SUNBURST CUFF button. It is only 17mm in diameter.

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! Yeah I am new to this "TNET" thing. I tried to use it on my phone and it was almost impossible. I couldn't read anything too small and too busy. I had to get on my IMAC to see and respond to the comments.
Down right awesome! I was hoping you would post it here. Congratulations and welcome.

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I wouldn't expect it, unless I have another one hidden at my site. It is a virgin site from all that I have dug so far.
Sweet button ....don't plan on seeing another one any time soon :thumbsup:

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get or look up the book written by C. Terry Teff "NORTH CAROLINA CIVIL WAR BUTTONS" That is the only one I know of before mine was dug.
Good one! Can you show us the source of the button info? We have found many N.C Sunburst Buttons and are interested in the info on this button.

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME man thanks for the help.... It may have less that 8 known to exist. I was just told it was now 1 of 8 known to exist. I don't know that 100% to be true or false. Because this button is so rare. There isn't much info out there on it.
It’s listed in the N. C. civil war buttons book by c. Terry Teff.
The book I have was printed in 1998 and listed only one dug example and two non dug buttons known to exist at that time.
I vote banner

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it a VIRGIN HONEY HOLE site too. I have found so many awesome things there so far. From late 1700's (tombac button/KG half penny), 1800's (many floral buttons, 181? large cent, 1858 seated half dime, 1868 shield nickel, CW eagle button, CW Staff officers button, one civil war bullet, 2 percussion caps, many flat buttons) and early 1900's (3 mercury dimes, wheat pennies, buffalo nickels, and one war nickel.)
That one is in great shape. You've found a nice honey hole to search. Congratulations!

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a pro at this site (YET). I normally post on FB, IG and FB live and YT videos. I have no clue what a banner post or vote is, I was asked by a FaceBook buddy to post it in here. I do not post anything fake, planted or staged.
Well crusader on that note I’m out

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much. I am still learning this form of social media. I normally only post in FB, IG, MEWE, IG videos and FB live and YT videos.

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you "Devldog" Yeah GA has a great history for NC SUNBURST buttons. Per the history, NC sent uniforms instead of NC troops. That is why there are so many NC SUNBURST in GA.
Sgt. Whitey, first a Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia. Secondly, Congrat's to you on one Great Save on the N.C. SunTrust button. She's a real beaut and a great piece of History. One of my hunting pards dug a Sunburst button years ago at the edge of a field we were hunting.

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is 100% real. It is not a fake or a remake. I have found a lot of history at this one site. From late 1700's all the way to 1940's. There are about 2 or 3 BIG gaps though. Like something happened to the original house, then someone moved back to the property then something happened to that house and then a 1900's site was there until about 1945.
Hey beautiful button I’m just wondering if you have found the real deal or one that was made more recently

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went "QUIET" because this isn't my normal social media platform I use. I am more of a FB, IG, MEWE poster and IG video, FB live and YouTube video creator than forums. I am getting the hang of it now that I am on my IMAC. But on my phone it sucked, so I didn't get on much.
Me too, I'm just not sure...

Went quiet?:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread