😱😱VERY VERY RARE CIVIL WAR NC SUNBURST BUTTON!

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: BD4F3F61-AF11-409E-A21B-CE2C3207B217.jpeg 0B9CC772-C7AF-4D49-9FFC-EA9DAD542365.jpeg

I scored this beauty today with the Garrett Ace Apex! Found out it’s very rare, being told only 1 of 8 known to exist!

Upvote 74
OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: I showed my button in person to Butch Holcombe "AMERICAN DIGGER" magazine. It will be in the next issue, possibly on the front page along with my write up about the find. I have showed this button to a bunch of "experts" this button is NOT a fake or reproduction. Like I stated, this farm field has 1700-1800 and up to 1940's with big gaps between items being found. There has been a lot of great items found here at this virgin site.

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SGT WHITEY,

Welcome to Tnet from Ohio. Great find, the button is in fantastic shape. I am looking forward to seeing it and your write up in the American Digger magazine. Having relatives living in NC, I am always interested to seeing what is being found in the state. I am hoping to get some free time to detect the next time I visit. Good luck with your hunts, I look forward to your future posts. Walt

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much.
SGT WHITEY,

Welcome to Tnet from Ohio. Great find, the button is in fantastic shape. I am looking forward to seeing it and your write up in the American Digger magazine. Having relatives living in NC, I am always interested to seeing what is being found in the state. I am hoping to get some free time to detect the next time I visit. Good luck with your hunts, I look forward to your future posts. Walt

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on a very rare button. Priceless CW Artifact and piece of American History.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that’s a beauty voting banner congratulations on your treasure

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find SGT and welcome to TreasureNet. I don't think members were questioning if you actually found it, couple may have wondered if it was an original is all. Members know to accuse someone of faking a find with out concrete proof shown to admins will earn timeouts.

We hope you keep on posting your finds here....

My exact thoughts as well , "Me" I am sure you dug it .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because some well-made reproductions of scarce civil war buttons have been manufactured, nad have turned up "looking dug," caution and careful checking is wise. In this case, I am certain that this is what collectors of "Historical Buttons" call a genuine Original, not a modernday Reproduction... and I'm voting Banner Find.

If this Man Says " I'm voting Banner Find "

I'm 99.99.9999999 % you have scored a "Lifetime Find " . Banner Find IMO .As Well .

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this Man Says " I'm voting Banner Find "

I'm 99.99.9999999 % you have scored a "Lifetime Find " . Banner Find IMO .As Well .

Davers it sure is a Banner find no doubt and a real nice one, he joined to share the button and we appreciate it, but it was found before joining TreasureNet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was also honest and told me via pm it was found before joining TNet.

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol can you make an exception? It's too rare not to be advertised. Thanks!
Davers it sure is a Banner find no doubt and a real nice one, he joined to share the button and we appreciate it, but it was found before joining TreasureNet.

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve got SGT Whitey on my Facebook feed. I’ve been keeping up with him for a while. He found this within hours of joining TNET. It’s not like he found it months or years ago. Seems like a few hours are gonna keep this from being in the banner. Likely will never be another one on TNET. ����

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He told me via pm he found it a day or two before joining TreasureNet so it does not qualify for banner, that takes nothing away from it being a fantastic once in a lifetime find. If someone found an original copy of Declaration of Independence 24 hours before joining TreasureNet they would not qualify either.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but it is still some nice eye candy! Makes ya want to get out and find some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions