😱😱VERY VERY RARE CIVIL WAR NC SUNBURST BUTTON! - Page 6
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 😱😱VERY VERY RARE CIVIL WAR NC SUNBURST BUTTON!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    36291 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Great find SGT and welcome to TreasureNet. I don't think members were questioning if you actually found it, couple may have wondered if it was an original is all. Members know to accuse someone of faking a find with out concrete proof shown to admins will earn timeouts.

We hope you keep on posting your finds here....
    SGT WHITEY, Truth, Davers and 1 others like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

(Per Admins avatars and signatures do not fall under rules for politics.)

Charter Member
    us
    Nick

Nov 2012
    Western CT
    AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/ Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/ Vibra-Tector 730/ Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
    3968 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Sweet find!

Cleaning Up The Planet...One Pull Tab At A Time.

Educator

Feb 2006
    Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
    White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
    10381 times
    Relic Hunting
    Because some well-made reproductions of scarce civil war buttons have been manufactured, nad have turned up "looking dug," caution and careful checking is wise. In this case, I am certain that this is what collectors of "Historical Buttons" call a genuine Original, not a modernday Reproduction... and I'm voting Banner Find.
    SGT WHITEY, Truth and Davers like this.
    "Let The Christ be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out."

us
    "DIG IT ALL, SAVE SOME HISTORY"

Jan 2021
    North Carolina
    Whites and Garrett
    101 times
    Thanks and I appreciate the update. I have never faked anything and I will never post anything fake or reproduction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Great find SGT and welcome to TreasureNet. I don't think members were questioning if you actually found it, couple may have wondered if it was an original is all. Members know to accuse someone of faking a find with out concrete proof shown to admins will earn timeouts.

us

Jan 2021
    North Carolina
    Whites and Garrett
    101 times
    I know 100% without a doubt this button is an original. It is not a fake or reproduction.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCannonballGuy View Post
    Because some well-made reproductions of scarce civil war buttons have been manufactured, nad have turned up "looking dug," caution and careful checking is wise. In this case, I am certain that this is what collectors of "Historical Buttons" call a genuine Original, not a modernday Reproduction... and I'm voting Banner Find.

us

Jan 2021
    North Carolina
    Whites and Garrett
    101 times
    UPDATE: I showed my button in person to Butch Holcombe "AMERICAN DIGGER" magazine. It will be in the next issue, possibly on the front page along with my write up about the find. I have showed this button to a bunch of "experts" this button is NOT a fake or reproduction. Like I stated, this farm field has 1700-1800 and up to 1940's with big gaps between items being found. There has been a lot of great items found here at this virgin site.
    WG2020 likes this.

us
    Oct 2018
    SW Ohio
    CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
    471 times
    Metal Detecting
    SGT WHITEY,

Welcome to Tnet from Ohio. Great find, the button is in fantastic shape. I am looking forward to seeing it and your write up in the American Digger magazine. Having relatives living in NC, I am always interested to seeing what is being found in the state. I am hoping to get some free time to detect the next time I visit. Good luck with your hunts, I look forward to your future posts. Walt
    SGT WHITEY likes this.

us

Jan 2021
    North Carolina
    Whites and Garrett
    101 times
    Thank you so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by WG2020 View Post
    SGT WHITEY,

Welcome to Tnet from Ohio. Great find, the button is in fantastic shape. I am looking forward to seeing it and your write up in the American Digger magazine. Having relatives living in NC, I am always interested to seeing what is being found in the state. I am hoping to get some free time to detect the next time I visit. Good luck with your hunts, I look forward to your future posts. Walt

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    4384 times
    Relic Hunting
    Congrat's on a very rare button. Priceless CW Artifact and piece of American History.
    SGT WHITEY likes this.

us

Jan 2021
    North Carolina
    Whites and Garrett
    101 times
    Thank you so much! SEMPER FI!
    Quote Originally Posted by devldog View Post
    Congrat's on a very rare button. Priceless CW Artifact and piece of American History.

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    831 times
    Wow thatís a beauty voting banner congratulations on your treasure

us
    Master of my fate

Feb 2021
    Dallas
    4 times
    Congratulations! It is a beautiful button!
    SGT WHITEY likes this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6859 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post

My exact thoughts as well , "Me" I am sure you dug it .
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6859 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCannonballGuy View Post
    If this Man Says " I'm voting Banner Find "

I'm 99.99.9999999 % you have scored a "Lifetime Find " . Banner Find IMO .As Well .
    Tnmountains and SGT WHITEY like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    9651 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    If this Man Says " I'm voting Banner Find "

I'm 99.99.9999999 % you have scored a "Lifetime Find " . Banner Find IMO .As Well .

Davers it sure is a Banner find no doubt and a real nice one, he joined to share the button and we appreciate it, but it was found before joining TreasureNet.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Feb 28, 2021 at 02:41 AM.
    SGT WHITEY likes this.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links