txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, its been a busy week for me, I managed to get out with my dad and brother for a hunt crawling through brush to get to this place but the as you can see from the pics it has some great stuff. I did not find much, all the good stuff you see in the pics is my brothers.

I need your help on the Taft, button, pin, medal?? Anyone ever seen anything like it? I think I may have also found part of it. I found this buckle looking thing that says President on it. You can see it in the pics but I didn't know it said president until after I took the pic. I will try to get a better pic of it and post it later.

The ring without the stone is gold and its old, I don't know more about it than that but the bottles look like 1800's

Attachments

• PICT0034.JPG
    PICT0034.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 5,399
  • PICT0035.JPG
    PICT0035.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 4,762
  • PICT0037.JPG
    PICT0037.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 4,619
  • PICT0041.JPG
    PICT0041.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 4,613
  • PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 4,593
  • PICT0048.JPG
    PICT0048.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 4,591
Upvote 0
OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Terrific assortment of finds you guys got! Congrats on some cool stuff. Love your new avatar...where did you find that pretty girl? ;)

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Thanks for posting such nice photos. That’s a very nice ring for sure. Even before I started to read the thread the first thought that came to my mind on the item in question was cufflink too.

HH

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Great find...either cuff link or wax sealer the other item is a suspender latch.

Remember keep the detector head to the ground and keep swinging nice and slow.

49er

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DJ_Quinn said:
WOw, that's a great find. When was Taft president?

sorry DJ, I saw your question but forgot to look it back up 1909-1913
He was born in 1857 and died in 1930
he was a judge before president and after he was president he taught law at yale then later was appointed the us chief justice which he said was his greatest honor.
He once wrote: "I don't remember that I ever was President."

its amazing what we learn by metal detecting. I think metal detecting should be a required part of history in schools. Kids would sure learn more.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is kinda funny how much history we do learn from this hobby,but hey,someone has to do it.Very cool find's to you all,Glad you got out. HH!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TxKickerGirl, nice finds! Keep those spent rifle shells. It is hard to tell from the picture but they look like they could be old Spencer or Henry shells :) Good Job! Plus, that yellowish thick bottle is an old half of a "Ginger beer" bottle. They are from the Civil War era (mid 1800s)

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Hi TX:

Nice bunch of finds. I think the proper term for your Taft item is "cuff button" instead of "link" A cuff link would have a swivel link to slip through the button hole in the cuff.

Les

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
Hey TxKickerGirl, nice finds! Keep those spent rifle shells. It is hard to tell from the picture but they look like they could be old Spencer or Henry shells :) Good Job! Plus, that yellowish thick bottle is an old half of a "Ginger beer" bottle. They are from the Civil War era (mid 1800s)

They could be perhaps both...a few of them I believe had the H stamp on the bottom but the rest had no markings. I know someone told me before but I forget what calibur would those be?

Les,
Thanks for the insight I think cuff button is right.

I am dying to get out there and find more goodies, but it will be a couple weeks until I make it back there its 3 hours from my house. We also found a door from an old cast iron stove and it was decorative. Really cool.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looking at that ring, I was thinking you should go back and look for the emerald! :o But seriously, it could be a compartment ring... sometimes referred to as a "poison ring." They were used to hold various tiny keepsakes, often a lock of hair of a sweetheart or a departed loved one.

I believe that is a Taft "Lapel stud" — like a lapel pin, but it goes in the lapel buttonhole.

VERY cool finds and post!

Marc

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds and my congrats to you on making the banner. Way to go. ;D

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id go back where you found that ring on the bottom and sift some dirt where you found it you may find the stone

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool I am so excited seeing it on the banner! I can take the credit for doing the photos and for some of the bottles, bullets and president spender clip, but the really cool ring and Taft pin was my brothers finds. He is a member here(chkevs) and asked me to post this stuff for us. He's more a lurker!!! KEVIN, I hope this inspires you to learn to use your digital camera and start posting all of your finds, since you have been findings some pretty cool stuff lately.

Thanks everyone for your replies and congrats.

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
a lapel button would make more sense for the Taft thing it looks too heavy to be a cuff link and moving your arm around would knock it off and you would lose it and some girl from texas would come along and find it with a metal detector...hmmmm maybe it is a cuff link after all :o

great find anyway you look at it, the rest of the stuff is cool too head on back there and find the rest

HH Vrent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread