txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, its been a busy week for me, I managed to get out with my dad and brother for a hunt crawling through brush to get to this place but the as you can see from the pics it has some great stuff. I did not find much, all the good stuff you see in the pics is my brothers.

I need your help on the Taft, button, pin, medal?? Anyone ever seen anything like it? I think I may have also found part of it. I found this buckle looking thing that says President on it. You can see it in the pics but I didn't know it said president until after I took the pic. I will try to get a better pic of it and post it later.

The ring without the stone is gold and its old, I don't know more about it than that but the bottles look like 1800's

Attachments

• PICT0034.JPG
    PICT0034.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 5,399
  • PICT0035.JPG
    PICT0035.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 4,762
  • PICT0037.JPG
    PICT0037.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 4,619
  • PICT0041.JPG
    PICT0041.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 4,613
  • PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 4,593
  • PICT0048.JPG
    PICT0048.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 4,591
Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Tx, congrats to both you and Kevin on some great finds and for making the Banner! HH

Desertfox

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! It's good to see the Nueces is finally down and not flooding. Will be hunting just south of the Nueces in a couple weeks. Really cool to see your finds in the banner also. ;D

72chev

Nov 5, 2006
S.E. ND
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Minelab Excalibur
Hey Tex,
The part of your post that impresses me the most is the fact that you were out ther with your family and all were having a good time with a shared interest. I am trying to gently coax my daughter into activities like this so that one day I can have a partner to go out like you guys do. Great finds like you came up with are icing on the cake!!!
Best wishes and keep it up!
Chev

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm most impressed with the fact of doing the homework after the find and learning Taft and company were near the site

Normally a good find will raise more questions then answering them and learning the "Hows" and "Whys" can be difficult but very rewarding !!

WTG !!

D.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theres still plenty of questions I got about the area and I am finding little info, so I may be camping out at the archives the next time I am up there to see what I can come up with. Its important to me to find out little details who, where, what, when about the finds. It just brings the find back to life again.

Kevin,
if you posted more here you would remember your password! Thanks Marc for letting him know that he can retrieve his password.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Super nice finds, Congrats!!!
Love the old ring,,, I think I would take Marc's advice and go back to look for the rest of it...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Nice finds TKG,looks like you and crew stayed busy and had some fun and congrats on the banner!!!
Bootstrap

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some awesome finds, TKG & Kevin. Congrats to you both on making the banner. Do what everyone else is suggesting, get back over there with a sifter & see if you can find the stone. Keep those finds coming.

;) RR

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
Nice finds and nice to see somethigng other than coins making the banner/

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a guy in the Corpus club that has extension knowledge of that area. If you want I can e-mail you his number.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done on making the banner.

Nice bunch of finds.

Keep digging ;D

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Those are some awesome finds in my book!! I would head back as soon as possible!
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions