JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not expecting this today. I went out on my 20 acre almond orchard I've hunted it for a least 15 years 100s of hours in it and only have found relics and a silver spoon and dime. I decided to before it got dark do a quick hunt to kill time. I went for about 30 minutes finding nothing but scrap iron. Got an iffy signal and dug it and out popped a ring. I was so excited I jumped up and ran excited probably looked so silly but so much work put into finding something like this made me so excited. It is my first gold ever. I am pretty sure when I realized what I found I jumped up in the air. A silly reaction but lol oh well. If anyone know anything about the maker and type of ring I'd also appreciate any info. mir_20210210_180545.jpg mir_20210210_175555.jpg mir_20210210_175622.jpg

Upvote 61
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one heck of a first gold. Congrats your persistence has paid off. I got my first gold last summer after years of searching also. I don't remember jumping around but I do recall swearing a ton and walking back in disbelief lol.
I think it came from about 15 years of detecting and never finding gold and having detected this orchard many long hours over the years and finally when people kept doubting I'd find anything good it just was a rush to find it. Dropped it into my younger brothers hand when I saw him as he'd always say all I'll find is trash, his reaction was to say well you proved me wrong lol was satisfying for me

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Grats on getting the monkey off your back and know for a fact that the next one will come much much easier. I suggest running that ring under your coil again and thinking about the signal differently than you have in the past. You're gonna dig a LOT more aluminum junk now, but you won't pass over the gold either.
I have found sooo many gold rings with my AT Pro! The last one I found, after swinging over it several times and then from 90%, I thought to myself, "that sounds and looks just like that 10K gold ring with ruby I found". Sure enough, a nice mans ring with three little diamonds weighing over 14 grams. (pic can be seen under terri's "best find of 2020" thread.
Grats again and get back out thar for #2!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats,

That's a nice one for a first.

I remember my first one like it was yesterday. Dug a huge gold and black hematite ring in a vacant lot.

I drove so fast across the creek back to my uncles pad leaving my suspension for my car in the pot holes I hit along the way.

It's a very exciting time and they come when you least expect it.

You will find others now.

Jer

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find.. I've never found a gold or diamond ring before, but damned if I haven't paid for a few of them over the years..

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grats on getting the monkey off your back and know for a fact that the next one will come much much easier. I suggest running that ring under your coil again and thinking about the signal differently than you have in the past. You're gonna dig a LOT more aluminum junk now, but you won't pass over the gold either.
I have found sooo many gold rings with my AT Pro! The last one I found, after swinging over it several times and then from 90%, I thought to myself, "that sounds and looks just like that 10K gold ring with ruby I found". Sure enough, a nice mans ring with three little diamonds weighing over 14 grams. (pic can be seen under terri's "best find of 2020" thread.
Grats again and get back out thar for #2!
I dig everything on pro on zero mode. The ring was sitting vertically so it was a super weak signal

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first gold ring! It is always a thrill to find the first one! Thanks for sharing with us.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you tube channel link below -
detected land at age 12 - 1975
land hunted 95% of the time for first 20 yrs
now Im in water 90%+ of the time since 1995
here are some vids - 2012 to like 2016 I did pretty good - lots of gold and nice keepers - few land hunt finds in there too
of late health probs been keeping me out of action
Im sure finds might inspire you
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9z25g56LhkEv_fdD_Gglsg/videos

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you tube channel link below -
detected land at age 12 - 1975
land hunted 95% of the time for first 20 yrs
now Im in water 90%+ of the time since 1995
here are some vids - 2012 to like 2016 I did pretty good - lots of gold and nice keepers - few land hunt finds in there too
of late health probs been keeping me out of action
Im sure finds might inspire you
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9z25g56LhkEv_fdD_Gglsg/videos
Thank you, I hope your health gets better quickly so you can get back out there. For me metal detecting helps me keep my mental health good as I have generalized anxiety disorder and it's hard to live with. Metal detecting keeps my brain busy and I enjoy it a lot. It is basically my therapy.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding! :icon_thumright:
So, go find another one...!!
My first was a 10k also....

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have found many dozens of gold rings, others 100's, I remember exact details of finding most of them, feeling never gets old.
Nice find, hopefully more to come with persistence.

Thank you, I hope your health gets better quickly so you can get back out there. For me metal detecting helps me keep my mental health good as I have generalized anxiety disorder and it's hard to live with. Metal detecting keeps my brain busy and I enjoy it a lot. It is basically my therapy.

You aren't the only one with mental anxiety issues, with all the **** we got bearing on us with the chinese pandemic, race riots and the political situation which we won't get into here, plus every day normal worries of finances, job security, halth concerns, relationships ect, mental state can spin on a dime. I had an episode a few months back where I couldn't even eat or drink anything I was so messed up, lasted 3 days before I slowly started to nourish and still am not back to normal, and it was due to mental worries that produced a psychical reaction.
Diversions are crucial, for many of us metal detecting is not an option in the winter so that takes away one of mine, I compensate with guitar practice, making things on my CNC and quality time with family and pets, anything but getting too absorbed in current events.

Last edited:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a beautiful "first" gold ring. Hope you find many more. Sub 8-)

BarnFind

Greenie
Aug 17, 2018
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not expecting this today. I went out on my 20 acre almond orchard I've hunted it for a least 15 years 100s of hours in it and only have found relics and a silver spoon and dime. I decided to before it got dark do a quick hunt to kill time. I went for about 30 minutes finding nothing but scrap iron. Got an iffy signal and dug it and out popped a ring. I was so excited I jumped up and ran excited probably looked so silly but so much work put into finding something like this made me so excited. It is my first gold ever. I am pretty sure when I realized what I found I jumped up in the air. A silly reaction but lol oh well. If anyone know anything about the maker and type of ring I'd also appreciate any info. View attachment 1901339 View attachment 1901340 View attachment 1901341

Greetings from Modesto. That's a great find man! I've been hunting since 2012 and never found gold. And my family thinks I'm nuts for having this hobby that I love so much, lol. I've only found one copper ring, I think the spots around here are hunted out unless its private property. Enjoy the ring, and let us know if you get it appraised!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings from Modesto. That's a great find man! I've been hunting since 2012 and never found gold. And my family thinks I'm nuts for having this hobby that I love so much, lol. I've only found one copper ring, I think the spots around here are hunted out unless its private property. Enjoy the ring, and let us know if you get it appraised!

To point out the obvious, guys who find dozens and 100's of rings find them at a beach, simple as that.
I think I only found 2 just dirt fishing, maybe a couple dozen if tot lots are included.
I reckon just because someone is from CA doesn't necessarily mean they have easy access to beaches. Hear in the great lakes state, closest one to me is a 70 mile round trip, but I make the effort when able and it almost always pays off.
[I actually have a beach much closer but it is a nasty urban beach with tons of trash and, for whatever reasons, lots of electrical interference] So I don't go to that one often.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Gold & Ice!:occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your first gold ring, and a beauty at that. It was a longtime coming and you certainly have put the time into breaking the ice.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bueaty!!

Top Member Reactions