JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not expecting this today. I went out on my 20 acre almond orchard I've hunted it for a least 15 years 100s of hours in it and only have found relics and a silver spoon and dime. I decided to before it got dark do a quick hunt to kill time. I went for about 30 minutes finding nothing but scrap iron. Got an iffy signal and dug it and out popped a ring. I was so excited I jumped up and ran excited probably looked so silly but so much work put into finding something like this made me so excited. It is my first gold ever. I am pretty sure when I realized what I found I jumped up in the air. A silly reaction but lol oh well. If anyone know anything about the maker and type of ring I'd also appreciate any info. mir_20210210_180545.jpg mir_20210210_175555.jpg mir_20210210_175622.jpg

Upvote 61
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings from Modesto. That's a great find man! I've been hunting since 2012 and never found gold. And my family thinks I'm nuts for having this hobby that I love so much, lol. I've only found one copper ring, I think the spots around here are hunted out unless its private property. Enjoy the ring, and let us know if you get it appraised!
I'm from Atwater, my family always makes fun of me when I'm out metal detecting. My first ring was a little copper ring, second was a big steel ring, third a smashed silver, fourth an intact silver, and then finally the gold. I've been at it since like 2009. I don't have much luck here either I have countless hours into detecting to find the few neat things I have.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have found many dozens of gold rings, others 100's, I remember exact details of finding most of them, feeling never gets old.
Nice find, hopefully more to come with persistence.

You aren't the only one with mental anxiety issues, with all the **** we got bearing on us with the chinese pandemic, race riots and the political situation which we won't get into here, plus every day normal worries of finances, job security, halth concerns, relationships ect, mental state can spin on a dime. I had an episode a few months back where I couldn't even eat or drink anything I was so messed up, lasted 3 days before I slowly started to nourish and still am not back to normal, and it was due to mental worries that produced a psychical reaction.
Diversions are crucial, for many of us metal detecting is not an option in the winter so that takes away one of mine, I compensate with guitar practice, making things on my CNC and quality time with family and pets, anything but getting too absorbed in current events.
Yeah all that doesn't help with my generalized anxiety disorder. Makes me an extra mess more than usual. I have a few hobbies but metal detecting relaxes me the most. Luckily in California I can almost always get out and detect just not always good spots or the spots have tons of trash. Generalized anxiety disorder is exhausting and just drains me but something I live with.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah all that doesn't help with my generalized anxiety disorder. Makes me an extra mess more than usual. I have a few hobbies but metal detecting relaxes me the most. Luckily in California I can almost always get out and detect just not always good spots or the spots have tons of trash. Generalized anxiety disorder is exhausting and just drains me but something I live with.

Melloooo!
Yeah, MD-ing is VERY therapeutic for me!
And, I go several times per week, weather permitting...,
yet even bagging my machines sometimes, putting on rain gear and rubber boots...,
and Go For It...!!
I have several permissions in town, but still there's a certain neighborhood, that I will Door-Knock....

too_pointer

Apr 24, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett " Carrot " Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I hope your health gets better quickly so you can get back out there. For me metal detecting helps me keep my mental health good as I have generalized anxiety disorder and it's hard to live with. Metal detecting keeps my brain busy and I enjoy it a lot. It is basically my therapy.

My first, and only one was a small 10k, and it seems tons of junk rings, but then I usually hunt in the woods where the National Guard train, here in Grayling, Mi. I joined here a long time ago, but would like to catch up, hope you find more gold jewelry.
too_

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First gold ring and a diamond along with it :icon_thumleft:
I've only ever found one gold ring and it was just a plain wedding band.

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and congrats on your first!! Do you remember what it was ringing on your Pro?

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your major achievement

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny update to this. Took it to show my father, well turns out he lost it when he was 18. Him and a buddy were throwing almond at each other in the orchard and it slipped off his finger. I almost 40 years later found it. Never expected it to be my father's his mother had given it to him when he turned 18. So lol never expected that.

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations very nice

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny update to this. Took it to show my father, well turns out he lost it when he was 18. Him and a buddy were throwing almond at each other in the orchard and it slipped off his finger. I almost 40 years later found it. Never expected it to be my father's his mother had given it to him when he turned 18. So lol never expected that.

What an AWESOME Find AND story...! What else can tell you, that you were MEANT to find that ring...?!

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an AWESOME Find AND story...! What else can tell you, that you were MEANT to find that ring...?!
I tried to give it back to my pops but he didn't want he he basically said like you said I was meant to find it. Just funny how it stayed out there despite 40 years and all the work that had gone on in the orchard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread