Ever find a weapon? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Ever find a weapon?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2009
    Indiana
    Fisher F70
    2966 times
    some interesting finds there.

Back in the 70s I was relic hunting with a buddy after a flood in the old corn field. We were finding some nice relics, my buddy found an old 1800's gun, pretty rusted up.
    Underwonder and WannaDig3687 like this.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    3412 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I've found 6 civil war bayonets , a civil war sword , iron knuckles , lots of gun parts , cannon parts .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191215_123857.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	5.09 MB 
ID:	1901771

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2006
    Upstate South Carolina
    Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
    4509 times
    Yes I have found several. I detected for some of the local Police Departments before they had their own detectors.
    WannaDig3687, 1637 and Greg White like this.
    We are in a hobby that is supported by losers!!

Charter Member
    us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II with Bigfoot, Equinox 600
    2384 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure Hunting NM View Post
    I have been doing this for about 2 years now and in that time I have found at least 18 pocket knives and a couple other weapons that look like can do serious damage to the human body. Haven't found any guns or bodies thankfully. I've found razor blades, lots of bullets, and tons of drug paraphanelia, lots of used needles. I have never seen as many needles as i have seen metal detecting. The majority of the stuff has been found at parks. Apparently lots goes on at these parks during the night.
    TreasureHuntingNM, you have found a lot in just 2 years time...I am glad I don’t find many needles. Once I found what I thought was a glass dog bone but turned out to be a pipe (saw with my eyes hidden in a tree while detecting around it). Yes...makes me wary of detecting parks at night.
    WannaDig3687 likes this.
    The detector is my stethoscope to the earth, discovering the heartbeat of the past, to breathe new life into artifacts for us and the future.....

Charter Member
    us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II with Bigfoot, Equinox 600
    2384 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak bart View Post
    Attachment 1901625
    I have found a half dozen or more. Found this one with my digging crew in eluthera bahamas.....I've found 2 pistols and a lever action all on this same permission in eluthera...the wierd thing is....no guns allowed in the bahamas !! This one was a Saturday night special....probably used in the drug wars of the 80s. It was wrapped in plastic about a foot down.
    That’s incredible! Wrapped in plastic sure makes it intentional and suspicious. Scary. Good finds for you!
    Blak bart and WannaDig3687 like this.
    The detector is my stethoscope to the earth, discovering the heartbeat of the past, to breathe new life into artifacts for us and the future.....

Charter Member
    us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    2384 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trezurehunter View Post
    Brass Knuckles are the only weapon I have ever found. Lot's of Toy Cap Guns, but no real guns.
    Ewww brass knuckles? That’s interesting. Did you try them on?

Charter Member
    us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    2384 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    I have found a few depending on what your definition of "weapon" is. Just about anything can be used to hurt or kill someone.
    Good point, cudamark!
    WannaDig3687 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    2384 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Rogers View Post
    Wow, never found a real firearm. Will you get it back, or do you want it back from the police? Very interesting and thanks for posting
    Thanks, Ed. I didn’t ask about it and I don’t want it back....I’m not a fan of being around firearms even if they are not working. I kept a photo of it though. I never even thought to ask for it back.
    WannaDig3687 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    2384 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
    I found two real guns, one old and one newAttachment 1901742Attachment 1901743Attachment 1901749 one was in a field the other in the rafter of a house, I detect everywhere PS, gave the new one to the police, it was used in a crime, gave the Civil War one away
    That’s really interesting that you actually found out that one was used in a crime. The civil war one is REALLY neat.
    WannaDig3687 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    2384 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by dognose View Post
    some interesting finds there.

Back in the 70s I was relic hunting with a buddy after a flood in the old corn field. We were finding some nice relics, my buddy found an old 1800's gun, pretty rusted up.
    Sounds lime a fun field! Thanks for reminiscing!
    WannaDig3687 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    2384 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ticndig View Post
    I've found 6 civil war bayonets , a civil war sword , iron knuckles , lots of gun parts , cannon parts .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191215_123857.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	5.09 MB 
ID:	1901771
    Well, ticndig, a civil war sword and several CW bayonets finds sounds exciting. It’s good that the areas you’ve hunted are just historical battle places and not real life battle scenes while you are “hunting”. Congrats!
    WannaDig3687 and ticndig like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    2384 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony in SC View Post
    Yes I have found several. I detected for some of the local Police Departments before they had their own detectors.
    Pretty interesting connection with PD, Tony in SC! They must have had an idea where to look? Generally, what kinds of places were your finds made? (if you are at liberty to share).
    WannaDig3687 likes this.

us
    Feb 2020
    Eastern Ohio
    XP Deus * Minelab E-Trac
    1235 times
    Metal Detecting
    No, I've never found any real Guns, Swords, etc. - just a bunch of Toy Cap Pistols, a few .55 Cal Machine Gun shells and a reproduction of a Nazi Dagger still in the Sheath.
    Underwonder and WannaDig3687 like this.
    XP Deus * 9" LF & X35 Coils * Deteknix Headphones
    Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny *** 1736 - K.G. Half Penny *** 1783 - Half Real *** 1787 - Connecticut Copper
    1817 - Large Cent *** 1829 - Capped Bust Dime *** 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime *** 1852 - Three Cent *** 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent *** 1865 - Two Cent *** 1872 - Shield Nickel *** 1877 - Seated Quarter

us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma
    White's XLT
    5908 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    as seen in the picture, on the right hand side of the frame just above the front part of the trigger guard, the 'firing instructions' are cast into the frame. This is not a real bullet firing firearm. It is a Daisy Powerline Model 617x BB pistol that uses a CO2 cartridge. Supposed to be a BB firing replica of a Beretta Model 92

Charter Member
    us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    2384 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Trac-Ohio View Post
    No, I've never found any real Guns, Swords, etc. - just a bunch of Toy Cap Pistols, a few .55 Cal Machine Gun shells and a reproduction of a Nazi Dagger still in the Sheath.
    I bet the replica was an eye opener....machine gun shells? That’s a surprise!
    WannaDig3687 likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links