Ever find a weapon?

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1613093697.279166.jpg

I have found toy guns but this was a bit different. It looks like it has been in the ground a while. Odd....broken....I turned it in to the police.

Besides, that...lots of can pieces and a few coins...

Upvote 26
OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Years ago while relic hunting in Atlanta we found a hill that was the site of a small Pickett camp. We found an array of musket parts in the area directly behind this hill which led us to believe that either muskets were being repaired here or captured weapons were being destroyed in this area.

I would love to find old war relics...even buttons! Good for you.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry, I have no advice for a tungsten ring. We do not work on them at my shop. Any engraving in one is most likely done by a laser, so likely not etched very deep.

Thank you. You are right.....It looks shallow which is why I was afraid to buff it out.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was several years ago and it was always interesting! I found that most of the time detecting for the police was like trying to find an 80yr old Grandma's pinky ring that she lost when she was 15 "It ain't where she thinks she lost it"!! The best hunt that I had with the police involved the theft of $20,000 worth of catalytic converters from a local Chevy dealership. The officers had me look all around the lot, and found nothing. I noticed a small pine thicket next door. After a few minutes I got a blast from a pile of leaves and pine straw!! It was Coors and beanie weenie cans. Also 8 used and broken sawzall blades BINGO!! They had camped there the past weekend. Police got a fingerprint of a guy in NC. Found out he was part of a ring stealing converters in several states.

Tony, congratulations on the assisting with the bust!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a big machete blade in the middle of the woods it was at least 100 years or older.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back around 1990 1991 The police had me in a couple rivers looking for a 308 rifle a Killer here used to kill sportsmen. I was looking for a typewriter he had used and the 308 rifle he had used. I did not find the typewriter nor the 308. I did find a 22 bolt action rifle and a 357 Magnum pistol. In another part of the river i found a SAFE 4ftx4ftx4ft guessing at the size. The door was missing off the safe I was later told it was taken in a Band E from a auto body shop. As for the 2 guns the police took them. The rivers were 3 to 5 foot deep

]

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back around 1990 1991 The police had me in a couple rivers looking for a 308 rifle a Killer here used to kill sportsmen. I was looking for a typewriter he had used and the 308 rifle he had used. I did not find the typewriter nor the 308. I did find a 22 bolt action rifle and a 357 Magnum pistol. In another part of the river i found a SAFE 4ftx4ftx4ft guessing at the size. The door was missing off the safe I was later told it was taken in a Band E from a auto body shop. As for the 2 guns the police took them. The rivers were 3 to 5 foot deep

]

That’s a dedicated hunt to assist police. Very interesting finds despite not finding the goal pieces. Thanks for sharing your story, Gare!

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found a big machete blade in the middle of the woods it was at least 100 years or older.

GB1, I love woods hunts! Interesting find!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy that is just a LOT of detecting finds. I know you can’t be 100 but I guess you have some experience under your belt! Congrats on all those finds!

Im in my early 40s but have been digging for 30 years come this April 2021.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as your typical weapons.....2 hand guns and one rifle......dozens and dozens of knives, and one machete......some arrows and one bow.....2 brass knuckles.....3 throwing stars.....and over 1000 bullets and shell casings from .22cal. to .50 cal, to 20MM, and even some mortar casings. One batch was kind of interesting. It's the ones in the photo. A belt of machine gun practice ammo I found on a beach close to where the military has some exercises. It weighed over 40 pounds, so, after I cut a hunk off, I reburied the rest as it was a good 2 miles uphill to my vehicle and I didn't feel like lugging that thing that far.

Attachments

• 100_1325.jpg
    100_1325.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
just toy gun parts, & a couple of speed loaders for a revolver

Last edited:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can’t recall many specifics but maybe 10 years ago a bunch were found in a stream that was at the Georgia / Alabama line on interstate 20. Looked like they had been tossed off the bridge the opinion was most were WW2 vintage. Wish I had kept the link to the story

Hey it was rainy here yesterday Guess what I found the news story I had mentioned it was from 2009 and I had the exact location wrong But still a good read here is the link https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/DA/20090414/News/606127713/TL enjoy

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
Feb 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Underwonder! A fun councidence on our names, I used to live in RI but didn't do any detecting until moving cross country.
I chose to reply to one of your comments... I am still new to the forum so i don't know if I am doing this right. In RI theres not a whole big reason to own a gun, I live in the mountains now and have been scrambling to understand gun laws so I have a fighting chance of not getting eaten while metal detecting.

I found a disarmed torpedo... it was above ground, I don't know if that counts! I am replying on a phone and will try to find a photo when I am home in a few days.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The one I remember maybe 20 yrs. ago was in Ireland. A boy was magnet fishing and pulled up a machine gun, then several more. They were dumped by the IRA when things cooled off over there. Gary

Acagedrebel

Dec 19, 2019
Columbus ,Ms
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max ,Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a few years back on an old homestead don’t know a whole lot about it but it’s the only serious weapon I’ve ever found... 925FE289-5DAE-4C2D-B195-0C0E9FFB12F3.jpeg D8E9186C-6DAA-4242-97DC-0A6A78C67274.jpeg B8C4F0A4-2703-4BFE-9394-DC6CD8C49D69.jpeg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

damian1013

Apr 1, 2019
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20210221_171544.jpg
I found this Remington 1858 many years ago when I lived in Hawaii at one of the houses we lived in on the side of a hill and still have it. I also found I believe a 1lb cannonball but that was lost when we moved here 30 years ago. The pistol had a serial number 019446 on the bottom of the grip frame and a few years ago I found a ships manifest matching that dated if I remember correctly 1864 along with 20 other 1858s on a schooner sailing out of San Diego to Honolulu. Ill see if I can locate that website that had that information. This pistol was found in Waimanalo up towards the mountains which our house had full view of the bay and was previously owned by the Kingdom of Hawaii....Im assuming their might have been a fort there due to its location but I cannot find any maps or information to back that up.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really...
Found a machete once and now I use it to hack brush in hard to detect sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread