Ever find a weapon?

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1613093697.279166.jpg

I have found toy guns but this was a bit different. It looks like it has been in the ground a while. Odd....broken....I turned it in to the police.

Besides, that...lots of can pieces and a few coins...

Upvote 26

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never found a gun but did find a WWII era grenade in Germany, pin still intact.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never found a gun but did find a WWII era grenade in Germany, pin still intact.

Oh dear...that’s pretty frightening. I’d be afraid to to set it off by accident. At least you knew what it was!

powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I was with the guy that actually found it. He hit a large target under the only pine tree in the woods. He pulled out a heavy black plastic bag. Inside was an ammo can. We opened it and inside was a Beretta FS variant and a smaller .32. He called the cops and they took it.

img_6037 3.JPG

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup, I was with the guy that actually found it. He hit a large target under the only pine tree in the woods. He pulled out a heavy black plastic bag. Inside was an ammo can. We opened it and inside was a Beretta FS variant and a smaller .32. He called the cops and they took it.

View attachment 1901581

Wow...and that one was protected by a bag...and had ammo? The ground holds the strangest things.

Last edited:

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find! I found a musket thimble once (1700s probably) but that's all as far as guns/weapons goes.
IMG_3922.JPG

One of my friends found some sort of sword or huge machete in the creek behind his house... it had obviously been there a while but his house was only built in the last few decades I think so it could be old. I don't exactly remember what it was or what it looked like but I'll ask him for some pictures if he still has it.

Last edited:

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 1901581

If it's not stolen or reported for a crime can you claim them back? The cops will probably slag them.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find! I found a musket thimble once (1700s probably) but that's all as far as guns/weapons goes.

One of my friends found some sort of sword or huge machete in the creek behind his house... it had obviously been there a while but his house was only built in the last few decades I think so it could be old. I don't exactly remember what it was or what it looked like but I'll ask him for some pictures if he still has it.

Noah good for you. I think a musket thimble would be way more interesting. A sword or machete is interesting too!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a big Buck knife from the ocean beach last fall. Someone must have cried when they lost it.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never found any guns or ordinance here in the states but I have found plenty on the battlefields of the pacific.

Cool find!

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Noah good for you. I think a musket thimble would be way more interesting. A sword or machete is interesting too!
Thanks Underwonder, I attached a picture of it above... I might ask my friend about his machete-thing tomorrow, I'm very curious about it now. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just a big Buck knife from the ocean beach last fall. Someone must have cried when they lost it.

Well, I hope your feet were protected! LOL. You always have great finds!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found knives 2 times buried in the wood chips at tot lots and also seen a suspect that was running from police ditch his gun in the woodchips, I let officers know where it was.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have found knives 2 times buried in the wood chips at tot lots and also seen a suspect that was running from police ditch his gun in the woodchips, I let officers know where it was.

Are you kidding? Tot lots? What are people thinking? I’m glad you cleared those out and also helped out .....

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a couple, and I kept them both.
One is a German luger, was so rusted nothing would move on it.
I get it out and work on it every now and then, I got it to a place I almost think I could shoot it? But I dont :tongue3:

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have found a couple, and I kept them both.
One is a German luger, was so rusted nothing would move on it.
I get it out and work on it every now and then, I got it to a place I almost think I could shoot it? But I dont :tongue3:

Don’t!!! Still..interesting finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread