🥇 BANNER Rev war button?!?

rsilva02667

Jan 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I just found an amazingly beautiful revolutionary war button from the 64th regiment!! So excited about this one! I packed it back in dirt so it wouldn’t dry out. What the best way to clean and preserve this button please? 63545743449__B336AF99-A7A8-4D73-B870-CB066217DD05.jpg
Thanks for looking!

UPDATE: I got a private message from Don Troiani showing interest in my button! Instant geeking out. Don informed me that my button which is as I now know, a British 64th Regiment of foot, is a previously un known example!! I will be sending him pictures for his next article and couldn’t be more honored! I’m so thrilled to own this unique piece of American history!! IMG_0422.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 80
OP
OP
rsilva02667

rsilva02667

Jan 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll mention it again......I have a USA button with a very flaky edge. I sprayed the heck out of it with hairspray and the edge it has not deteriorated one bit. Every few years I will give it another spray. The glue method is great, but the hair spray will get way into all those loose flakey layers and hold them together. I use renwax on nearly everything but I don't recommend on flakey pewter.

Thanks Jeff! I really appreciate your input. Do you think it’s safe to spray over elmers glue or should I just stick with the same method a couple more times?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread