Toasted walking liberty silver quarter
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Toasted walking liberty silver quarter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    John

Mar 2014
    Atwater, CA
    At Pro
    1010 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Toasted walking liberty silver quarter

First silver standing liberty quarter I've ever found, unfortunately looks like it lost a battle with fire at some point. I don't think I can make a date out. I was so bummed it is damaged horribly but silver is silver regardless.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210221_165816.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	1904168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210221_165640.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	1904170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapchat-204650936.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	1904171
    Last edited by JVA5th; Feb 21, 2021 at 08:53 PM.

Dec 2019
    111 times
    Silver is silver keep up the good work. I’ve seen you’re cool finds lately. I look forward to more CA finds from you
    JVA5th likes this.

us
    John

Mar 2014
    Atwater, CA
    At Pro
    1010 times
    Also titled it wrong. Supposed to be Standing Liberty not walking.

us
    John

Mar 2014
    Atwater, CA
    At Pro
    1010 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan in CA View Post
    Silver is silver keep up the good work. I’ve seen you’re cool finds lately. I look forward to more CA finds from you
    My sites are drying up now. So I don't think there will be anything cool now. Everything I have found is on my property or just properties next to mine. Both my neighbors let me metal detect whenever I want. I think I've cleaned them up but maybe not lots of land to cover and very trashy from years and years of farm work. Plus I have a ton of free time due to covid so I metal detect hours on end so I'm not doing as good as it looks just tons of patience and time.
    Noah_D, Radon and Evan in CA like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nick

Nov 2012
    Western CT
    AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/ Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/ Vibra-Tector 730/ Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
    3967 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Yikes! But still a great find!
    JVA5th and michael NY like this.

Cleaning Up The Planet...One Pull Tab At A Time.

us
    John

Mar 2014
    Atwater, CA
    At Pro
    1010 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat1750 View Post
    Yikes! But still a great find!
    I was happy and sad all at the same time lol. First standing liberty but man it is badly mauled looks like if fire or whatever happened wouldn't of got it it would if been in great shape the lettering is good on the spots that aren't horribly burned
    Wildcat1750 likes this.

us
    Dec 2017
    NE Ohio
    Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
    2886 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVA5th View Post
    My sites are drying up now. So I don't think there will be anything cool now. Everything I have found is on my property or just properties next to mine. Both my neighbors let me metal detect whenever I want. I think I've cleaned them up but maybe not lots of land to cover and very trashy from years and years of farm work. Plus I have a ton of free time due to covid so I metal detect hours on end so I'm not doing as good as it looks just tons of patience and time.
    Congrats on the silvers you've had lately! Digging a long time for a little silver is a whole lot better than being snowed into the house! You are doing a heck of a lot better than I am right now. We've got a foot or two of snow with a crust on top and there is no way I am going to get my coil down to the ground in that.
    JVA5th likes this.
    "God does not give us everything we want, but he does fulfill his promises,
    leading us along the best and straightest paths to himself" -Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2021 Goals:
    Spanish Silver (0/1)
    Seated (0/1)
    NA points n things (0/2)
    Silver Coins & Relics Total (1/15)
    Coppers (5/15)
    332 hours of hunting (19/332)

us
    John

Mar 2014
    Atwater, CA
    At Pro
    1010 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah_D View Post
    Congrats on the silvers you've had lately! Digging a long time for a little silver is a whole lot better than being snowed into the house! You are doing a heck of a lot better than I am right now. We've got a foot or two of snow with a crust on top and there is no way I am going to get my coil down to the ground in that.
    Hope conditions get better for you real soon and you can get back to finding some cool stuff. I'm sure once the weather gets better for you you will be finding some awesome stuff.
    Noah_D likes this.

us
    Dec 2017
    NE Ohio
    Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
    2886 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVA5th View Post
    Hope conditions get better for you real soon and you can get back to finding some cool stuff. I'm sure once the weather gets better for you you will be finding some awesome stuff.
    Sure hope so! Haven't been detecting in more than a month! I've got a couple good spots line up though that I just scratched the surface of in December/January.
    michael NY and JVA5th like this.
    "God does not give us everything we want, but he does fulfill his promises,
    leading us along the best and straightest paths to himself" -Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2021 Goals:
    Spanish Silver (0/1)
    Seated (0/1)
    NA points n things (0/2)
    Silver Coins & Relics Total (1/15)
    Coppers (5/15)
    332 hours of hunting (19/332)

us
    Mar 2014
    New Glarus,WI
    CTX,800,Explorer2,IDXPro-M,Compadre
    1069 times
    WOW!!! That thing is FRIED!! Good find though, some of that silver that’s either heavily tarnished from sitting in wet ground or ones that go through a fire are sometimes really hard for a machine to find. They somehow lose some of their conductive properties or something...I dunno. And the longer you hunt what you’ve been hunting, the more you’re just getting better at extracting targets that are tough to extract! Kind of a “silver lining” but still a lot of work for short returns sometimes. Props on the first!
    Noah_D and JVA5th like this.

us
    Daylight is buring

Nov 2007
    USA
    Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
    502 times
    Metal Detecting
    Congradulations on your first one. Give electrosis a try it worked out well for me on bunch of silver coins I've dug. I think every state has different coins to be found, there is a guy from west coast who dug a bunch of gold coins.
    Noah_D and JVA5th like this.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    26944 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Super find! Congrats on your first!

us
    John

Mar 2014
    Atwater, CA
    At Pro
    1010 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah_D View Post
    Sure hope so! Haven't been detecting in more than a month! I've got a couple good spots line up though that I just scratched the surface of in December/January.
    I wish you the best of luck when you can get out hope to see you find some super finds
    Noah_D likes this.

us
    John

Mar 2014
    Atwater, CA
    At Pro
    1010 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IDXMonster View Post
    WOW!!! That thing is FRIED!! Good find though, some of that silver that’s either heavily tarnished from sitting in wet ground or ones that go through a fire are sometimes really hard for a machine to find. They somehow lose some of their conductive properties or something...I dunno. And the longer you hunt what you’ve been hunting, the more you’re just getting better at extracting targets that are tough to extract! Kind of a “silver lining” but still a lot of work for short returns sometimes. Props on the first!
    Most the silver I find is in areas that are extremely contaminated with iron. The lands around here has been farmed since like the 1880s there where a couple dairies that used to be around all the way back then that are now long gone but a lot left over from all that activity. I was missing everything because I was discriminating iron and it could mask all the high tone targets and mid tone smaller stuff. Once I learned to get used to running my At Pro pro mode on zero mode with no discrimination I was able to find so much I missed.
    Last edited by JVA5th; Feb 21, 2021 at 11:05 PM.
    Noah_D and Evan in CA like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Aug 2017
    SW Missouri/Oklahoma
    Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800
    17729 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
    JVA5th likes this.
    What would life be without challenges, and detecting of course.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links