JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First silver standing liberty quarter I've ever found, unfortunately looks like it lost a battle with fire at some point. I don't think I can make a date out. I was so bummed it is damaged horribly but silver is silver regardless. 20210221_165816.jpg 20210221_165640.jpg Snapchat-204650936.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 20

Evan in CA

Dec 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is silver keep up the good work. I’ve seen you’re cool finds lately. I look forward to more CA finds from you

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also titled it wrong. Supposed to be Standing Liberty not walking.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is silver keep up the good work. I’ve seen you’re cool finds lately. I look forward to more CA finds from you
My sites are drying up now. So I don't think there will be anything cool now. Everything I have found is on my property or just properties next to mine. Both my neighbors let me metal detect whenever I want. I think I've cleaned them up but maybe not lots of land to cover and very trashy from years and years of farm work. Plus I have a ton of free time due to covid so I metal detect hours on end so I'm not doing as good as it looks just tons of patience and time.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes! But still a great find!

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes! But still a great find!
I was happy and sad all at the same time lol. First standing liberty but man it is badly mauled looks like if fire or whatever happened wouldn't of got it it would if been in great shape the lettering is good on the spots that aren't horribly burned

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My sites are drying up now. So I don't think there will be anything cool now. Everything I have found is on my property or just properties next to mine. Both my neighbors let me metal detect whenever I want. I think I've cleaned them up but maybe not lots of land to cover and very trashy from years and years of farm work. Plus I have a ton of free time due to covid so I metal detect hours on end so I'm not doing as good as it looks just tons of patience and time.
Congrats on the silvers you've had lately! Digging a long time for a little silver is a whole lot better than being snowed into the house! You are doing a heck of a lot better than I am right now. We've got a foot or two of snow with a crust on top and there is no way I am going to get my coil down to the ground in that.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silvers you've had lately! Digging a long time for a little silver is a whole lot better than being snowed into the house! You are doing a heck of a lot better than I am right now. We've got a foot or two of snow with a crust on top and there is no way I am going to get my coil down to the ground in that.
Hope conditions get better for you real soon and you can get back to finding some cool stuff. I'm sure once the weather gets better for you you will be finding some awesome stuff.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope conditions get better for you real soon and you can get back to finding some cool stuff. I'm sure once the weather gets better for you you will be finding some awesome stuff.
Sure hope so! Haven't been detecting in more than a month! I've got a couple good spots line up though that I just scratched the surface of in December/January.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! That thing is FRIED!! Good find though, some of that silver that’s either heavily tarnished from sitting in wet ground or ones that go through a fire are sometimes really hard for a machine to find. They somehow lose some of their conductive properties or something...I dunno. And the longer you hunt what you’ve been hunting, the more you’re just getting better at extracting targets that are tough to extract! Kind of a “silver lining” but still a lot of work for short returns sometimes. Props on the first!

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congradulations on your first one. Give electrosis a try it worked out well for me on bunch of silver coins I've dug. I think every state has different coins to be found, there is a guy from west coast who dug a bunch of gold coins.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super find! Congrats on your first!:occasion14:

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure hope so! Haven't been detecting in more than a month! I've got a couple good spots line up though that I just scratched the surface of in December/January.
I wish you the best of luck when you can get out hope to see you find some super finds

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! That thing is FRIED!! Good find though, some of that silver that’s either heavily tarnished from sitting in wet ground or ones that go through a fire are sometimes really hard for a machine to find. They somehow lose some of their conductive properties or something...I dunno. And the longer you hunt what you’ve been hunting, the more you’re just getting better at extracting targets that are tough to extract! Kind of a “silver lining” but still a lot of work for short returns sometimes. Props on the first!
Most the silver I find is in areas that are extremely contaminated with iron. The lands around here has been farmed since like the 1880s there where a couple dairies that used to be around all the way back then that are now long gone but a lot left over from all that activity. I was missing everything because I was discriminating iron and it could mask all the high tone targets and mid tone smaller stuff. Once I learned to get used to running my At Pro pro mode on zero mode with no discrimination I was able to find so much I missed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Few odds and ends from this hunt nothing all that neat. Oddly found a second wreath button like one I found not long ago the first one is from my 20 acres and this one came from my neighbors. 20210221_195808.jpg 20210221_200052.jpg 20210221_200006.jpg 20210221_200027.jpg mir_20210221_200900.jpg mir_20210221_200946.jpg mir_20210221_200911.jpg mir_20210221_201024.jpg

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d try the baking soda and aluminum foil trick on that one.
Congrats

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d try the baking soda and aluminum foil trick on that one.
Congrats

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting for years and have only found a handful of those. Most don't have dates anyway and silver is silver.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Standing Liberty Quarter. I know how you feel. A few years back, I dug a Barber Quarter that was in / near a fire. I could only get enough date and detail to know it was a Barber.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread