Hello and can anyone help with an interesting rock.

Mintymin

Feb 22, 2021
South Yorkshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and thank you for letting me join this forum.

I do read posts on here and enjoy but never posted before.
I have an interesting little piece of rock that has me stumped. Please go easy on me. Whilst I like looking and collecting rocks etc my knowledge is pretty limited in this area.
I am hoping it is something that someone here has seen before and I hope you can enlighten me. Please let me down gently if this is something fairly obvious to you.
I found these in South Yorkshire in England and they look to be just grey rocks but they have tiny beads of a silver coloured metal running through them. I wondered if they could be iron ore or similar. I can’t find anything that looks like it on the internet but that may be down to me not understanding what I am looking at.
I do love the bigger piece with the little shiny beads but I thought I ought to find out what it was.

The first piece i found was the bigger piece And it was interesting enough that I went back. I then found the smaller piece. This too has the small beads but then has bigger at the top. They don’t show as being too shiny but they are metallic. They don’t react to a magnet and I wouldn’t say they were overly heavy but again I don’t know if I have enough knowledge to know.

I would appreciate any help and advice you can give.
Many thanks
Mintymin

468976F8-EB0A-48B3-9093-92158142A052.jpeg
5DFBFE52-8020-455A-96C5-D9C592D26A28.jpeg
1DD4927B-6E3D-4030-A183-6FE0CD90B1A5.jpeg
7D9F2058-271E-4845-A368-382015DC873C.jpeg

Upvote 2

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! I have spent an awful lot of time scouring the deserts since the 60's and I've never come across anything like that. Very cool. I can't help with identification, but I'll be watching to see what the group can come up with.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread