mbcuce

Jan 6, 2019
SC Lowcountry
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a good hunt this weekend, lots of relics, none too exciting. Plain flat buttons, musket ball, thimble and the 3 toasted coppers. Looked at the coppers again last night and flaked off a little crust and a little detail on one. It is a long shot to ID but it clearly looks like the outline of a shield and when I zoom in there are thin vertical stripes. At first i thought a NJ colonial copper but there are no breaks in the thin stripes. Thinking it may be some colonial token possibly. I have a little more to try flake off tonight now that it has dried a little. If anyone recognizes the pattern let me know. Thanks for looking.
IMG_5312.JPG IMG_5311.JPG

Upvote 9

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That looks like a Jersey.There are so many different varieties. I use coin care to bring out the details and conserve the coin.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job finding coppers... too bad they were so toasty.

OP
OP
mbcuce

mbcuce

Jan 6, 2019
SC Lowcountry
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took cannonballs advice and got some coin care. I had already scraped most of the surface off but with what little was left I was able to expose more detail and with a lot of googling I found a matching coin. There is no break in the lines like on the NJ and the top of the shield is plain. I also can now see the tree trunk in the middle and base of the tree. Its a Scotland 1795 Halfpenny Conder Token, Lanarkshire, Glasgow-"Let Glasgow Flourish"

IMG_5373 (2).JPG IMG_5371 (1).jpg

Pretty toasted but cool to ID.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread