A Life Time Find - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: A Life Time Find

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2021
    30 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    An amazing piece of history! Great job!
    erfranks likes this.

us
    May 2011
    North Carolina
    Equinox 800 Teknetics T2 SE Teknetics G2+
    1037 times
    Colonial Period
    I've been hunting that park for 8 years - before everyone and their brother new about it. Recovered some great relics and coins over the years. People have been hunting that site since the 90's. I wish I was one of them. It had a lot of colonial activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    Very nice! I have hunted that same park...Found 3 shotgun shells...
    erfranks likes this.
    XP ORX
    Teknetics T2 SE w/ DST

Best Coin Finds -
    Cob - Charles II 1/2R (1665-1697)
    1672 Hammered Morrocan Silver Mizuna (Pirate Treasure)
    Cut Pistareen Philip V (1717-1737)
    1722 1 Real
    Mexico 1739-Mo MF real

1781 Spanish 1/2 Real
    1877 Silver Trade Dollar (My Avatar)
    1621 Hammered Bronze
    Valencia, Philip IV (dug two)
    1732 KG II Half Penny
    1752 Spanish 1/4 Real

us
    May 2011
    North Carolina
    Equinox 800 Teknetics T2 SE Teknetics G2+
    1037 times
    Colonial Period
    Quote Originally Posted by erfranks View Post
    Thank You everyone, I also have been hunting for over 25 yrs, and i have found some very nice relics and coins. I was in a town that no one hunted and did not have any friends close by to hunt with. It is weird how things come about. Have met some wonderful people here in Wilmington Area to hunt with, and still meeting more. I feel like this piece has history written all over it. It has history on English Front from when they were first settleing in this area, History for the American front for the birth of a new nation, and history for the Indian Front. I found it between two settlements that were very early in NC history. It was for this website, that my friend sent me a link where a person here found one back a few years back. and then we could research from there. Because when it first come out i was thinking coin or button. I have left a message with the director of local state park Brunswick Town, and also setting up a meeting with director of Ft Fisher National park. I feel like this piece needs to be put in a museum so people can see and learn about this history. This piece is dated 1714 and the Indian wars were 1711-15, The Yamasee War 1715-1717 and Charles Towne was settled around 1663 and Brunswick Town settled in 1726 and started by the Col Maurice Moore, which is my 7th Great-uncle. So your imagination could run wild on this one. Who gave it to who, and who wore it, how did it get lost, did it break and fall off or was it broken, because of the peace breaks and wars. Just a lot of history around one piece.
    Congratulations on an awesome and rare piece of history. Hopefully this attention doesn't ruin the site for the future. I'd hate the county to ban detecting the there. I've always tried to be super low profile and detect by myself there. I see these groups of 5 or more people hitting it and worry it will ruin it for everyone.
    erfranks likes this.
    XP ORX
    Teknetics T2 SE w/ DST

Best Coin Finds -
    Cob - Charles II 1/2R (1665-1697)
    1672 Hammered Morrocan Silver Mizuna (Pirate Treasure)
    Cut Pistareen Philip V (1717-1737)
    1722 1 Real
    Mexico 1739-Mo MF real

1781 Spanish 1/2 Real
    1877 Silver Trade Dollar (My Avatar)
    1621 Hammered Bronze
    Valencia, Philip IV (dug two)
    1732 KG II Half Penny
    1752 Spanish 1/4 Real

us
    DetectorMoe

Apr 2013
    SouthEast North Carolina
    XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
    3951 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    You know the only time I wasn't with you and you pop this awesome token out.. That is a heck of a find my friend, Congrats on such a rare dig!
    Just wish I was with you so I could of filmed it.. lol
    erfranks likes this.

May 2008
    XP Deus
    1253 times
    Holy ^%#$, What a great find! Banner for sure!
    erfranks likes this.

us
    Dec 2016
    Central NJ
    Garrett ACE 350 Equinox 800
    2596 times
    Relic Hunting
    Congrats on the historic find! Some threads on here really set the bar high for everyone.
    erfranks likes this.

us
    Jan 2015
    Morris County, NJ
    Minelab Equinox 800 XP Deus
    1650 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by erfranks View Post
    Thank You everyone, I also have been hunting for over 25 yrs, and i have found some very nice relics and coins. I was in a town that no one hunted and did not have any friends close by to hunt with. It is weird how things come about. Have met some wonderful people here in Wilmington Area to hunt with, and still meeting more. I feel like this piece has history written all over it. It has history on English Front from when they were first settleing in this area, History for the American front for the birth of a new nation, and history for the Indian Front. I found it between two settlements that were very early in NC history. It was for this website, that my friend sent me a link where a person here found one back a few years back. and then we could research from there. Because when it first come out i was thinking coin or button. I have left a message with the director of local state park Brunswick Town, and also setting up a meeting with director of Ft Fisher National park. I feel like this piece needs to be put in a museum so people can see and learn about this history. This piece is dated 1714 and the Indian wars were 1711-15, The Yamasee War 1715-1717 and Charles Towne was settled around 1663 and Brunswick Town settled in 1726 and started by the Col Maurice Moore, which is my 7th Great-uncle. So your imagination could run wild on this one. Who gave it to who, and who wore it, how did it get lost, did it break and fall off or was it broken, because of the peace breaks and wars. Just a lot of history around one piece.
    Congrats on the amazing find, erfranks, and it sounds like you've got a very good perspective on this find and on the hobby/adventure of detecting itself. As many have said this is banner-worthy but it's fair that rules are rules on that front - but don't take that too hard, because your find is what really matters.
    I'm really glad to hear that you're talking to local historical organizations and considering it's possible place in a museum. I personally believe that's the right move, but I acknowledge that some of our TNet members don't agree. Personally I'd love to have any one of my finds displayed in a museum.
    Good luck with that, and again - congratulations!

- Brian
    erfranks likes this.

us
    Wood Butcher

Apr 2013
    Indian River Co., Fl
    AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
    2030 times
    Congratulations.
    Your piece still exhibits a deep strike, color, and condition. I love the sharp details on it.
    erfranks likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nick

Nov 2012
    Western CT
    AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/ Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/ Vibra-Tector 730/ Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
    4076 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    That find is in a league of it own!
    erfranks likes this.

Cleaning Up The Planet...One Pull Tab At A Time.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2020
    Ohio
    Equinox 800
    469 times
    Metal Detecting
    So, I think this is one of the most exceptional finds I have seen on this site. Nominating you for a banner. Congratulations. What a unique and interesting find!!!
    erfranks likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    37246 times
    Sorry, find does not qualify for banner, found before member joined...
    erfranks likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971
    306th Bomb Wing Strategic Air Command
    Lackland AFB
    Lowery AFB
    McCoy AFB
    Kadena AFB 1968-1969, 1970-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

(Per Admins avatars and signatures do not fall under rules for politics.)

us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    27874 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Rules are rules so you canít earn a banner but I can tell you you did earn the respect and the appreciation of you showing us your metal. You showed it at the right place because itís real deal hunters who are very knowledgeable in many things.

us
    Mar 2021
    Wilmington, NC
    Nautilus DMC-2B Minelab Equinox 800 White TRX pinpointer
    264 times
    i wish you were too. very unexpected, i thought you just left me shot gun shells and buck shot. lol, But I guess a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. We will do it again. Thank you Moe
    DetectorMoe likes this.

us
    Mar 2021
    Wilmington, NC
    Nautilus DMC-2B Minelab Equinox 800 White TRX pinpointer
    264 times
    It is alot of detail, considering the age. i have see a lot of coins come out of the ground and have to try real hard and to try to get a date. Looking at the information i found on it. i posted link. that there were three Obverse and 6 reverse, and the think mine is the Obv III and Rev F. which the Obv I the King George was a lower relief, and Obv II a little higher and the Obv III had the most detal. and they still to this day know if was hammered or screw press. they are thinking screw press... other than environmental damage, it is an AU find. it is missing the loop at the 12:00 oclock position. Hey just adds to the history. Thank you
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

Yeah, I only got a few hours to get out Sunday morning, and while the temp is going to be about 20-degrees or so - heck yes, I'm going detecting! Thanks for the inspiration. Epic find X 10 X 100 =
    erfranks likes this.
    got Mass Silver?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links