Antique Bottle Mine in Upper Canada

arob

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TreasureNet,

This is Arob and I was hoping maybe some of the coin shooters on here were also into privy digging, mineral prospecting and general relic hunting in neo historic locations all over North America? I like solving mysteries with my shovel.

I have been digging a century old dump on the south shore of Georgian Bay and I'm finding great stuff... My report might ignite a Bottle Rush in Meaford.

stash_pic_jason_crouch.jpg

Here's a shot of last weekend's digging in our 'Antique Bottle Mine' in Upper Canada

you can read all our digging stories on our Dumpdiggers blog
http://dumpdiggers.blogspot.com

Attachments

• sam vernor.jpg
    sam vernor.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 521
Upvote 0

Nu2Poo

Oct 4, 2007
Cincinnati
Detector(s) used
Whites Xlt w/ Bullseye pinpointer
Hi Arob,
Nice digs you got there. I love that Canadian Hutch. I am a metal detectorist as well as a privy digger. I have been privydigging for over a year now and I love it. You can visit my partners website and read our journals at www.privydigger.com
Keep the shovel to the soil.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Welcome to Tnet ....We have many Bottle and Privvy diggers here.
Your find is fantastic....anxious to know what else you pull out of there and some of the history if you care to share.

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
JEALOUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still waiting to find my first truly old dump, it WILL happen........

OP
OP
arob

arob

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay everyone, I just posted Part Three, the exciting conclusion of Bottle Rush in Meaford on my Dumpdiggers blog at http://dumpdiggers.blogspot.com

Here I try to make each post as informative as it is entertaining.

This particular adventure series was fun to write, and I hope to bring a lot more low tech treasure hunting tales just like this your way in the coming months...

four_robertson_gingys_sm.jpg

I hope this final post closes this thread properly, and serves as my letter of introduction.

Arob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread