Ramsundi

Oct 13, 2019
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 11" 35XP coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay guys, I don't even have words anymore... I found something crazy yesterday, I don't know yet for sure how old this gold ring is but my best estimate is 17th or 18th century. Here are the pics:

20210404_154512.jpg
20210404_172632.jpg
20210404_172734.jpg

And here is link for the video. Video is in Finnish but you can still see better those details in ring and you can see and feel my excitement when I found it :D

Upvote 107

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Ramsundi

Ramsundi

Oct 13, 2019
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 11" 35XP coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello guys and thank you for the congrats! I made English subtitles for this video so it gives you even better understanding about how thrilled I was about this discovery! I'm going to make subtitles to most of my videos and I have created play list in my Youtube channel called "Metal detecting videos with English subtitles". I will add videos in that play list as soon as I get more subtitles done. There is already few other videos as well :) Here is link for the video with subtitles:

And here is link for the play list: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVrgz5iJUSQQex6fNXs1mpzdqgjCKNIFl

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oy! Subtitles! Thank you.

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did I miss this when it was first posted! Congratulations on an awesome find and a banner. Post up some more of your finds, please.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the subtitles. Yes, you were excited. I loved the reference to LOTR. That made me chuckle.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and research! Congrats!

T L Kott

Sep 20, 2021
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Considering my options at this time...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to everyone for congrats and banner! This is so amazing find, I have been going through history books and tried to find out the story of this ring and I think I got lucky and found out the original owner of this ring! It's not 100% sure yet but quite close. And no, Frodo didn't lost his ring in Finland :laughing7:

So, there is no stamps inside the ring, not any kind of. There is just initials, NLSQ and SCDF. I found out that in my town, there has been chaplain Abraham Qvist, he was chaplain during 1701-1722. His parents were Nils LarsSon Qvist and Sara ChristiansDotter. Does that ring the bell? I believe that this ring has been Abrahams mourning ring, for the memory of his parents. Only missing clue is that I haven't found his mothers last name from any documents. But I will keep on searching! I also found one source which told that someone robbed Abraham during The Great Northern War. Russians occupied this town and lots of people ran away to Sweden, included Abraham and his family, this happened on 1714. He came back 1721 and died here 1722. I'm still trying to find documents of that robbery, how amazing it would be if there is a comment about this ring! :blob7:

Fantastic story! Provenance makes it even more valuable once the Museum does the research...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions