Another Great Days Hunt With BuckleBoy!! Lots of Relics! Beautiful Sunset Too!

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone, Buckle Boy and I had a chance to get out for a few hours to an old house site in a field. After four hours of detecting We had found quite a bit of neat stuff! Buckle Boy had found several flat buttons and some coins, but I will let him tell the story on those. Trust me, its well worth reading when he posts it. I managed to pull out ANOTHER Daguerrotype/Ambrotype frame, a whole harmonica reed, a clock part, an interesting name and address tag, a brass spoon bowl, a small button, a 30-06 bullet cartridge actually made in 1906 (first year they were produced), and several non-fired 12ga shotgun bases marked "1901 12 Ga Leader". When we started hunting this site we had figured that it was from around 1850 but when we were about to leave he found two flat buttons just a foot apart from eachother. We figured out that there was probably a house there dating from the 1700s or early 1800s which had burned down and rebuilt in the 1850s. All in all it was a great day with a good friend! BTW I get my new XLT in the mail tomorrow and I cant wait to try it out on this site! I'll post my finds when i finally get to use it. Thanks for looking and HH!

Fox

Here is the link to BuckleBoy's post with the Seated Liberty Half Dime that he found at this site.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,121901.0.html

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 459
  • frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 408
  • reed.jpg
    reed.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 441
  • tag.jpg
    tag.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 452
  • sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Another Great Days Hunt With BuckleBoy!! Lots of Relics! Beautiful Sunset T

Fantastic finds. You and BB seem to have a major potential site for finding more relics. Keep em coming!

;) RR

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Good hunt Fox. You have one great teacher there hunting with you! Learn while you can. HH
Congrats on your new XLT..........

Desertfox

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, Foxhound. Have you called the number on that brass tag yet? You've got to let me know how it goes--I'm sure that will be an interesting conversation... Maybe the tag's owner will open up some sites to you. That happened with me when I found a brass tag with initials on it in a baseball field used in the 40's. It had come from a catcher's mitt, and after much effort I managed to locate the owner and return the tag. He was thrilled, since it brought back so many great memories, and he let me hunt some good spots.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread