2nd Seminole War location pottery shard finds!?

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1917281 View attachment 1917282 View attachment 1917283 A known 2nd Seminole War site I hunted via just eyesight with permission. Not 100% sure if all pics/items are of that time frame, but pretty dang sure from what I have seen and knowing the history of the area. Any 411 is MUCH WELCOME either way! Above is a small piece of pottery found during low water levels...

View attachment 1917284 View attachment 1917285 View attachment 1917286 This piece of pottery is not one I recognize, so I am not certain of the time era of this piece?

Upvote 4

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last three pics look like salt glazed stoneware, probably from a jug or crock.

OP
OP
E

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
The last three pics look like salt glazed stoneware, probably from a jug or crock.

Interesting and it does to me. A long time ago at a Native American area, I came across some different yet similar style that DID NOT match Native American pottery. I came to the conclusion it was from the Spanish/English or via trade. They often got items via trade or took items from raids and shipwrecks as well. So, if this is indeed salt glazed stoneware, I can't rule out early European contact as this was also a Native American mound area (Pre-Seminole). Interesting. Thank you for the response!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions