Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21

    Feb 2007
    SE and DFX
    2,744
    1 times

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Quote Originally Posted by JW
    Awesome stuff!!!

    That is THE longest nail yet!!

    HH

    JW
    Thanks guessing it must be a tent stake..had to laugh when I found it!

  2. # ADS
    Ads

    TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

  3. #22

    Feb 2007
    SE and DFX
    2,744
    1 times

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Quote Originally Posted by KirkPA
    You need an SE to hit 9-10".

    BDD...Kirk

    P.S. Welllll, F75? SE? F2?
    Hummm.... still trying to get things right....got a lot of feedback....but would like a healthy stock coil back first....

    Honestly seems like the F-75 and Explorers are great detectors...also the replies and e-mails were very helpful...a big thanks to everyone ...

  4. #23

    Sep 2007
    Derby "VermenT"
    25

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    I hunt with a guy who uses both the F-75 and EXSE. He hits coins all of 11in deep. I have found coins with my whites at 8-9 inches deep. I also witnessed a guy just yesterday pull a conn copper at 9+ inches with a XLT. I think alot depends on the soil conditions and the user. I personally am going to try out the F-75 next year. I do not think I could get used to the sounds of the EX. I tried it and could not figure out when I had a target. It seemed to make noise the whole time. GL and that is a ton of clad.

  5. #24

    Feb 2007
    SE and DFX
    2,744
    1 times

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Quote Originally Posted by yearightsucka
    I hunt with a guy who uses both the F-75 and EXSE. He hits coins all of 11in deep. I have found coins with my whites at 8-9 inches deep. I also witnessed a guy just yesterday pull a conn copper at 9+ inches with a XLT. I think alot depends on the soil conditions and the user. I personally am going to try out the F-75 next year. I do not think I could get used to the sounds of the EX. I tried it and could not figure out when I had a target. It seemed to make noise the whole time. GL and that is a ton of clad.

    Great observations on the soil conditions. This month as well as passing on alot of zinc...would have had another plate but probably alot less dimes and quarters..... I turned the dc phase on and checked ground mineralization readings everywhere I hunted....my general readings were usually pretty close....-88 to -94......showing a high mineralization reading...but according to Jeff Foster's posts...the way I understood them...maybe not necessarily highly mineralized ground... seems moisture weather conditions and other factors affect the reading... I just automatcally thought...high negative readings...high mineralization...

    As far as the depth...when stovk coil returns from white's hopefully will see an improvement... I love the little 5.3 coil... I get 6.5 inches from it...cannot complain about that and pinpointing dead on!

  6. #25
    us
    Semper Fi!

    Jan 2007
    Indiana
    Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
    2,196

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    What a haul and hopefully Mother Nature will be kind enough for you to hit 12,000!!! Congrats on a great month!!
    "Two things are infinite, the Universe and Human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe"
    ~Albert Einstein~

  7. #26

    Apr 2007
    North Carolina
    3,492
    1 times

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Thats money in the bank !!!
    That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.......   Robert Lewis Stevenson

  8. #27
    us
    Apr 2007
    Delaware
    Garrett Master Hunter CX & AT Pro
    36

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Way to go Gregg. It took me 6 months to find that much $$$ in clad... and you did it in 1.
    Outstanding!
    Glad your detector is working like a champ.

  9. #28

    Feb 2007
    SE Kansas
    Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
    448

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Gregg. You got a bunch of clad there. You made enough this year to buy another top end detector. You should drive over to you local MD dealer and attempt to pay for a new or used machine with your finds. I wonder what they would say? Would the accept it? That would be fun to try . If they dont accept your clad give them a line about selling metal detectors and not accepting payment in "treasure". I think I'm on my way to clevengers tommorow to try........Only I'm short a couple of hundred bucks in clad

  10. #29
    us
    Apr 2006
    Michigan
    6,338
    2 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Nice haul Greg. I was wondering where you have been. Glad to see you are out there digging. Great pile of finds. I hope there aren't too many clad haters out there, money is money and heck, you never know what will pop out next so keep poppin em out buddy!!

    HH!!

    BDoo
    "I'm a finder, not a loser!"

  11. #30
    us
    Jan 2007
    Northern Illinois
    Whites XLT Tecnitiks Delta 400
    3,209
    9 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    That's a lot of loot Gregg----Great job

  12. #31

    Sep 2007
    Derby "VermenT"
    25

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobydoo
    Nice haul Greg. I was wondering where you have been. Glad to see you are out there digging. Great pile of finds. I hope there aren't too many clad haters out there, money is money and heck, you never know what will pop out next so keep poppin em out buddy!!

    HH!!

    BDoo
    I do not think it is as much clad haters as people who enjoy a different type of hunting. Finding clad is fun but finding old coins is more fun to some. I think it boils down to where you live. Here in Vermont we have plenty of old sites that produce old coins. Even the usual clad packed parks produce old coins. However in other parts of the country where the oldies are not as common I would think this type of hunting would be more common. I fully enjoy hunting old coins but if I am lacking a place to go for the day I will head to the totlots and pluck clad and hopefully a ring or 8...(lucky if one around here). Greg's year has been one worthy of WE&T if you ask me. I can not imagine finding that many coins in 4 years let alone 1. Congrats again Greg and continue stripping your local schools and parks of the cash!!!

  13. #32

    Feb 2007
    SE and DFX
    2,744
    1 times

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelLT
    Gregg. You got a bunch of clad there. You made enough this year to buy another top end detector. You should drive over to you local MD dealer and attempt to pay for a new or used machine with your finds. I wonder what they would say? Would the accept it? That would be fun to try . If they dont accept your clad give them a line about selling metal detectors and not accepting payment in "treasure". I think I'm on my way to clevengers tommorow to try........Only I'm short a couple of hundred bucks in clad
    That would be funny to carry all that clad in there....think I am ordering a tumbler very very soon....looks like no detecting here for at least a week! I am not a quitter..so there is never an end to my season... If there was during last winter and spring without those coins would have never hit my goals....

  14. #33

    Feb 2007
    SE and DFX
    2,744
    1 times

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobydoo
    Nice haul Greg. I was wondering where you have been. Glad to see you are out there digging. Great pile of finds. I hope there aren't too many clad haters out there, money is money and heck, you never know what will pop out next so keep poppin em out buddy!!

    HH!!

    BDoo
    I really wanted to hit something special the last few days....I was tracking the clad all along and knew what I needed exactly To get the $100 for the month... Found a few interesting spots...a sledding hill, a viewing garden in a park where people can look at flowers (they were dead and I did have to stick the Lesche near a few flowers to make some recoveries....but no damage done...woodchip and soft soil there.... just was working away at programs I had received in pm's e-mail as well as some nice spreadsheets...thanks

  15. #34

    Feb 2007
    SE and DFX
    2,744
    1 times

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack(IN)
    What a haul and hopefully Mother Nature will be kind enough for you to hit 12,000!!! Congrats on a great month!!
    Thanks Jack...I bet you are near past $800 in clad by now...

  16. #35

    Feb 2007
    SE and DFX
    2,744
    1 times

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDigs
    Thats money in the bank !!!
    I think quite a few of the zincters will end up in the trash...or I was thinking of uses for them! Take a look...

    How about when you get bad service such as giving the eaten zincs as a tip!

    Or as a joke trying to pay with them handing a bad contasining about a thousand of the worst!

    Or giving the pizza delivery guy who takes to long all the time and delivers a cold pizza...

    Seriously guess I spent way to much time digging zinc...

  17. #36

    Feb 2007
    SE and DFX
    2,744
    1 times

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Quote Originally Posted by House
    Way to go Gregg. It took me 6 months to find that much $$$ in clad... and you did it in 1.
    Outstanding!
    Glad your detector is working like a champ.
    Thanks hope the stock coil comes back and can finish year on an upbeat note...

  18. #37
    us
    Semper Fi!

    Jan 2007
    Indiana
    Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
    2,196

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Quote Originally Posted by DFX-Gregg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack(IN)
    What a haul and hopefully Mother Nature will be kind enough for you to hit 12,000!!! Congrats on a great month!!
    Thanks Jack...I bet you are near past $800 in clad by now...
    Only one leg working right now and stuck on $773 until my knee gets better!
    "Two things are infinite, the Universe and Human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe"
    ~Albert Einstein~

  19. #38

    Feb 2007
    SE and DFX
    2,744
    1 times

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack(IN)
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX-Gregg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack(IN)
    What a haul and hopefully Mother Nature will be kind enough for you to hit 12,000!!! Congrats on a great month!!
    Thanks Jack...I bet you are near past $800 in clad by now...
    Only one leg working right now and stuck on $773 until my knee gets better!
    Sorry to hear that....you still got me beat...I am at exactly $745.15...at least no hunting for next week...temps to drop...snow coming...just hope ground does not freeze up...well hopefully you rest up and get better...

  20. #39
    us
    Sep 2006
    Ohio
    455
    1 times

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    No clad hating here..it's money and money is good..
    What a haul!
    I hate knowing winter is around the corner but fingers crossed (in gloves) that it doesn't freeze up for a while!

    DD

  21. #40
    Charter Member
    us
    Please leave a ring after the beep!

    Sep 2004
    Aiken, SC
    Ace 250
    3,099
    18 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

    I love me some clad!! Once it's all nice and clean....It spends really well! I'm surprised to see that one particular member on this subject even bothered to post a reply. I got negative comment (PM) about my clad finds Keep up the good work buddy!

    HH,
    Moon
    Even the mightiest Oak in the forest is just a little nut that held it's ground!!

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3