Clad haters dont look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

I really had a fun month...running through programs...getting out 20 times and running up a clad total for the month of $106.36. A few silver coins and Wheaties...a few religious medallions...and the rest of the stuff...Easily over 11,000 coins for year now...need 6-8 good days in December to get it done(12,000 coins for year)....Cut down on digging the zinc cents and the daily clad amounts popped nicely...5 degree wind chills and snow storm on way...so I shut down for November...but hopefully December gives me that shot before ground freezes... hope everyone is well. :)

Attachments

• Nov 07 $106.36.jpg
    Nov 07 $106.36.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,097
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Re: Clad haters don't look this one will hurt! My whole month of November!

KirkPA said:
You need an SE to hit 9-10". :D ;D

BDD...Kirk

P.S. Welllll, F75? SE? F2? :D

Hummm.... still trying to get things right....got a lot of feedback....but would like a healthy stock coil back first....

Honestly seems like the F-75 and Explorers are great detectors...also the replies and e-mails were very helpful...a big thanks to everyone ... :)

CoppaMan

Sep 30, 2007
Derby "VermenT"

I hunt with a guy who uses both the F-75 and EXSE. He hits coins all of 11in deep. I have found coins with my whites at 8-9 inches deep. I also witnessed a guy just yesterday pull a conn copper at 9+ inches with a XLT. I think alot depends on the soil conditions and the user. I personally am going to try out the F-75 next year. I do not think I could get used to the sounds of the EX. I tried it and could not figure out when I had a target. It seemed to make noise the whole time. GL and that is a ton of clad.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

yearightsucka said:
I hunt with a guy who uses both the F-75 and EXSE. He hits coins all of 11in deep. I have found coins with my whites at 8-9 inches deep. I also witnessed a guy just yesterday pull a conn copper at 9+ inches with a XLT. I think alot depends on the soil conditions and the user. I personally am going to try out the F-75 next year. I do not think I could get used to the sounds of the EX. I tried it and could not figure out when I had a target. It seemed to make noise the whole time. GL and that is a ton of clad.

Great observations on the soil conditions. This month as well as passing on alot of zinc...would have had another plate but probably alot less dimes and quarters..... I turned the dc phase on and checked ground mineralization readings everywhere I hunted....my general readings were usually pretty close....-88 to -94......showing a high mineralization reading...but according to Jeff Foster's posts...the way I understood them...maybe not necessarily highly mineralized ground... seems moisture weather conditions and other factors affect the reading... I just automatcally thought...high negative readings...high mineralization...

As far as the depth...when stovk coil returns from white's hopefully will see an improvement... I love the little 5.3 coil... I get 6.5 inches from it...cannot complain about that and pinpointing dead on! :)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

What a haul and hopefully Mother Nature will be kind enough for you to hit 12,000!!! Congrats on a great month!!

House

Apr 10, 2007
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX & AT Pro

Way to go Gregg. It took me 6 months to find that much $$$ in clad... and you did it in 1.
Outstanding!
Glad your detector is working like a champ.

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega

Gregg. You got a bunch of clad there. You made enough this year to buy another top end detector. You should drive over to you local MD dealer and attempt to pay for a new or used machine with your finds. I wonder what they would say? Would the accept it? That would be fun to try :). If they dont accept your clad give them a line about selling metal detectors and not accepting payment in "treasure". I think I'm on my way to clevengers tommorow to try........Only I'm short a couple of hundred bucks in clad >:(

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Nice haul Greg. I was wondering where you have been. Glad to see you are out there digging. Great pile of finds. I hope there aren't too many clad haters out there, money is money and heck, you never know what will pop out next so keep poppin em out buddy!!

HH!!

BDoo :)

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a lot of loot Gregg----Great job

CoppaMan

Sep 30, 2007
Derby "VermenT"

Boobydoo said:
Nice haul Greg. I was wondering where you have been. Glad to see you are out there digging. Great pile of finds. I hope there aren't too many clad haters out there, money is money and heck, you never know what will pop out next so keep poppin em out buddy!!

HH!!

I do not think it is as much clad haters as people who enjoy a different type of hunting. Finding clad is fun but finding old coins is more fun to some. I think it boils down to where you live. Here in Vermont we have plenty of old sites that produce old coins. Even the usual clad packed parks produce old coins. However in other parts of the country where the oldies are not as common I would think this type of hunting would be more common. I fully enjoy hunting old coins but if I am lacking a place to go for the day I will head to the totlots and pluck clad and hopefully a ring or 8...(lucky if one around here). Greg's year has been one worthy of WE&T if you ask me. I can not imagine finding that many coins in 4 years let alone 1. Congrats again Greg and continue stripping your local schools and parks of the cash!!!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

rebelLT said:
Gregg. You got a bunch of clad there. You made enough this year to buy another top end detector. You should drive over to you local MD dealer and attempt to pay for a new or used machine with your finds. I wonder what they would say? Would the accept it? That would be fun to try :). If they dont accept your clad give them a line about selling metal detectors and not accepting payment in "treasure". I think I'm on my way to clevengers tommorow to try........Only I'm short a couple of hundred bucks in clad >:(

That would be funny to carry all that clad in there....think I am ordering a tumbler very very soon....looks like no detecting here for at least a week! I am not a quitter..so there is never an end to my season... If there was during last winter and spring without those coins would have never hit my goals....

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Boobydoo said:

HH!!

I really wanted to hit something special the last few days....I was tracking the clad all along and knew what I needed exactly To get the $100 for the month... Found a few interesting spots...a sledding hill, a viewing garden in a park where people can look at flowers (they were dead and I did have to stick the Lesche near a few flowers to make some recoveries....but no damage done...woodchip and soft soil there.... just was working away at programs I had received in pm's e-mail as well as some nice spreadsheets...thanks :)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Jack(IN) said:
What a haul and hopefully Mother Nature will be kind enough for you to hit 12,000!!! Congrats on a great month!!

Thanks Jack...I bet you are near past $800 in clad by now... :)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

CarolinaDigs said:
Thats money in the bank !!! ;D

I think quite a few of the zincters will end up in the trash...or I was thinking of uses for them! ;D ;D ;D Take a look...

How about when you get bad service such as giving the eaten zincs as a tip!

Or as a joke trying to pay with them handing a bad contasining about a thousand of the worst!

Or giving the pizza delivery guy who takes to long all the time and delivers a cold pizza...

Seriously guess I spent way to much time digging zinc...

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

House said:
Way to go Gregg. It took me 6 months to find that much $$$ in clad... and you did it in 1.
Outstanding!
Glad your detector is working like a champ.

Thanks hope the stock coil comes back and can finish year on an upbeat note... :)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

DFX-Gregg said:
Jack(IN) said:

Only one leg working right now and stuck on $773 until my knee gets better!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Jack(IN) said:
DFX-Gregg said:
Jack(IN) said:

Only one leg working right now and stuck on $773 until my knee gets better!

Sorry to hear that....you still got me beat...I am at exactly $745.15...at least no hunting for next week...temps to drop...snow coming...just hope ground does not freeze up...well hopefully you rest up and get better...

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio

No clad hating here..it's money and money is good.. :)
What a haul!
I hate knowing winter is around the corner but fingers crossed (in gloves) that it doesn't freeze up for a while!

DD

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I love me some clad!! Once it's all nice and clean....It spends really well! I'm surprised to see that one particular member on this subject even bothered to post a reply. I got negative comment (PM) about my clad finds :( Keep up the good work buddy!

HH,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread