ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
two high dollar CW buttons turned into "french" style cufflinks today

first one --- gilting is gone / shank gone (they made it into a french style cufflink by braising the cuff link post to where the buttons shank would normally be -----nice job too I must say)--- is a rebel navy button -- large --outer coat size it has on the front--- CSN under a fouled anchor which is over two crossed cannons -- its in great shape other than the gilt & shanks gone --- it has FIRMIN & SONS 153 STRAND LONDON (dot) on the back -- on the cuff link crossbar says 1/20 - 12 K.G.F.

the other button was made by PETTIBONE MF 'G CO (dot) CINCINNATI (dot) on the rear ---on the front is a spread winged eagle in the left claw a olive branch in the right 3 arrows on its chest in the sheild area is an "A" for artillery ---(officer's button) --- its gilt is intact and except for the missing shank where the cufflink stem was braised into placed its in great shape --- --on the cuff link crossbar it says --- 12 / 20 G.F. pat 2472958 (1949 pat --jacob oadak)

ALSO there was 5 small buttons and 1 med button marked WATERBURY BUTTON CO (dot) and 1 large outer coat sized button marked WATERBURY BUTTON CO (dot) CONN all were in great shape except one of the small ones who had a bad spot on the eagle head wing area -- the front of them has a eagle grasping a anchor with 3 cannon balls below it ---and 13 stars spaced out in a circular pattern

total cost $15 for all of em

saw a similar firmin button online for sale (but it still had its gilt and shank intact) --- get this $1300 bucks!!!

Ivan

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: two high dollar CW buttons turned into "french" style cufflinks today

not a dig find -- was at the local coin shop rounding out my type collection --needed a SLQ and barber half -- while looking at them -- a well dressed young guy came in and said ---my wealthy grandpa died and left these coins and some buttons to me , he said they were valuible -- the coin dealer said -- well I'll look at the coins but I don't mess with buttons -- they talked a bit and the kid sold him the coins and as he left the shop owner said don't forget your buttons -- the kid said --oh since theres useless you can have em to the shop operator---so I walked over and looked at em, seen what was there and like what I SAW ,so I asked what do you want for the batch of em --he said $15 bucks --deal I said and took em and got a reciept for em -- Ivan

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ivan,
Sounds like a great deal. Can you post any pictures?
Congrats,
MM

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner said:
Ivan,
Sounds like a great deal. Can you post any pictures?
Congrats,
MM

Agreed, not the same without pictures??

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Old Post

Agreed, not the same without pictures??
Did any of you guys ever get a reply about the cuff link etc.? I recently found a 1814 Spanish Half real that shows definite signs of havning been braised to a cuff link or SOMETHING............I have pix :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions